In this informative, in-depth and exclusive interview, Gossett and the old school funkateers discuss their career at Stax Records and growing up in Memphis, Tennessee during the assassination of Martin Luther King and dealing with racial tensions through music. In case you forgot, or didn’t know, the Bar-Kays were the original band for legendary soul man Otis Redding.
“For What It’s Worth” is produced by filmmaker Keith O’Derek/Upfront Productions and Eracism Foundation.
Check out the interview:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here