In this informative, in-depth and exclusive interview, Gossett and the old school funkateers discuss their career at Stax Records and growing up in Memphis, Tennessee during the assassination of Martin Luther King and dealing with racial tensions through music. In case you forgot, or didn’t know, the Bar-Kays were the original band for legendary soul man Otis Redding.
“For What It’s Worth” is produced by filmmaker Keith O’Derek/Upfront Productions and Eracism Foundation.
Check out the interview:
- The Socialist's Journal: The Value of Lives (Cecil the Lion)
- Min. Paul Scott/Straight Outta Con Man: Exposin’ the Truth About NWA
- 'Straight Outta Compton' Cast Talks' Straight Outta Compton' (Watch)
- Karen Clark Sheard Drops Highly Anticipated New Release 'Destined to Win'
- THE (08-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Raynette Turner's Death Leads to Probe by State Appointed Special Prosecutor
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here