In this informative, in-depth and exclusive interview, Gossett and the old school funkateers discuss their career at Stax Records and growing up in Memphis, Tennessee during the assassination of Martin Luther King and dealing with racial tensions through music. In case you forgot, or didn’t know, the Bar-Kays were the original band for legendary soul man Otis Redding.
“For What It’s Worth” is produced by filmmaker Keith O’Derek/Upfront Productions and Eracism Foundation.
Check out the interview:
- Cops Enter Wrong House, Kill Dog, Shoot Owner & Fellow Officer (WATCH)
- Black Female Celebs Rule Magazine Covers (At Least for Now)
- Rihanna Puts Support Behind Kanye West’s VMA Presidential Bid
- UCLA Footballer Ishmael Adams Robs Uber Driver; Suspended Indefinitely
- Greg King’s 'Postcards Central American Soul Food' is Top L.A. Food Truck
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- THE (09-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here