In this informative, in-depth and exclusive interview, Gossett and the old school funkateers discuss their career at Stax Records and growing up in Memphis, Tennessee during the assassination of Martin Luther King and dealing with racial tensions through music. In case you forgot, or didn’t know, the Bar-Kays were the original band for legendary soul man Otis Redding.
“For What It’s Worth” is produced by filmmaker Keith O’Derek/Upfront Productions and Eracism Foundation.
Check out the interview:
- Kem: 25 Years of Sobriety, Opens Up on Overcoming Drug Addiction
- Bree Newsome Reveals Reason Behind Removing the Confederate Flag
- LA Mayor Garcetti Finally Agrees to Meet with Black Lives Matter Activists (Dramatic Video)
- Compton Mayor Invites Submissions for 'Compton Champions' Awards
- THE (07-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here