*Diva Week turned out to be a harsh mistress for hip hop group Lyric 145 on “The X Factor.”
The trio was eliminated from the competition after falling short on their mash-up of Katy Perry’s “E.T.” and Queen’s “We Will Rock You.”
The group members – 19-year-old Julien Joseph and 23-year-old Jemelle Joseph of Bay Shore, NY, and 23-year-old rapper Lyric-Bianca Barnes from Atlanta – have since revealed that they were originally set to rock a cover of Aretha Franklin’s “R.E.S.P.E.C.T.” with an added rap [scroll down to listen], but were forced by producers to pull it at the last minute, literally “within a couple” of hours of going on the air.
“We kinda felt like our performance wasn’t its best,” Julien told us after the show. “I think the people saw that and felt it. Every other performance we did, we totally connected with it and we were totally confident with it. But this one, we felt like it wasn’t gonna be our best. We weren’t comfortable with it and the people saw that.” [Scroll down to watch.]
Below, Barnes, who had previously called herself Lyric Da Queen, was more blunt with her reaction to their elimination.
Today, Lyric 145 released the original “R.E.S.P.E.C.T.” cover they were supposed to perform. Watch it below, as well as the fatal mashup they ended up performing on the live broadcast.
- NeNe Leakes Announces She's Leaving 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
- Child Dies on Father's Day After Dad Leaves Her in Hot Car to Go Drinking
- Jada Pinkett Smith 'Magic Mike XXL' & Objectification (Watch)
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Ava DuVernay References 'Black Panther' in Support of Bree Newsome
- S.C. Legislature Has Votes to Remove Confederate Flag; KKK to Rally at Statehouse
- NBC Wants Minority Host to Replace Trump on ‘Celebrity Apprentice’?
- Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin Goes Viral with Anti-Confederate Flag Post
- Report: Tyga Fails to Pay 50K Offered to Squash Underage Sexual Battery Lawsuit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here