*Diva Week turned out to be a harsh mistress for hip hop group Lyric 145 on “The X Factor.”
The trio was eliminated from the competition after falling short on their mash-up of Katy Perry’s “E.T.” and Queen’s “We Will Rock You.”
The group members – 19-year-old Julien Joseph and 23-year-old Jemelle Joseph of Bay Shore, NY, and 23-year-old rapper Lyric-Bianca Barnes from Atlanta – have since revealed that they were originally set to rock a cover of Aretha Franklin’s “R.E.S.P.E.C.T.” with an added rap [scroll down to listen], but were forced by producers to pull it at the last minute, literally “within a couple” of hours of going on the air.
“We kinda felt like our performance wasn’t its best,” Julien told us after the show. “I think the people saw that and felt it. Every other performance we did, we totally connected with it and we were totally confident with it. But this one, we felt like it wasn’t gonna be our best. We weren’t comfortable with it and the people saw that.” [Scroll down to watch.]
Below, Barnes, who had previously called herself Lyric Da Queen, was more blunt with her reaction to their elimination.
Today, Lyric 145 released the original “R.E.S.P.E.C.T.” cover they were supposed to perform. Watch it below, as well as the fatal mashup they ended up performing on the live broadcast.
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here