*Diva Week turned out to be a harsh mistress for hip hop group Lyric 145 on “The X Factor.”
The trio was eliminated from the competition after falling short on their mash-up of Katy Perry’s “E.T.” and Queen’s “We Will Rock You.”
The group members – 19-year-old Julien Joseph and 23-year-old Jemelle Joseph of Bay Shore, NY, and 23-year-old rapper Lyric-Bianca Barnes from Atlanta – have since revealed that they were originally set to rock a cover of Aretha Franklin’s “R.E.S.P.E.C.T.” with an added rap [scroll down to listen], but were forced by producers to pull it at the last minute, literally “within a couple” of hours of going on the air.
“We kinda felt like our performance wasn’t its best,” Julien told us after the show. “I think the people saw that and felt it. Every other performance we did, we totally connected with it and we were totally confident with it. But this one, we felt like it wasn’t gonna be our best. We weren’t comfortable with it and the people saw that.” [Scroll down to watch.]
Below, Barnes, who had previously called herself Lyric Da Queen, was more blunt with her reaction to their elimination.
Today, Lyric 145 released the original “R.E.S.P.E.C.T.” cover they were supposed to perform. Watch it below, as well as the fatal mashup they ended up performing on the live broadcast.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-31-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Dwayne Johnson’s Meal Plan Involves Eating 10 Pounds of Food Everyday
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here