Harris, 65, a former member of the Delfonics passed away Friday at a Richmond hospital from congestive heart and lung failure, according to his sister Catherine Thoms, reports the AP.
The Richmond, VA native made the rounds with several music groups in the 1960s, including the Charmers, Frankie Lymon’s Teenagers and Nat Turner’s Rebellion.
He then joined the Delfonics in the early 1970s.
He left the group in 1974 and recorded a string on R&B singles, including “Love Won’t Let Me Wait,” which peaked at No. 5 in the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart.
Thomas said her brother last sang at a reunion show with the Delfonics last year
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here