*The Trayvon Martin case made national attention in February 2011, and won’t make it to court until June 10, 2013.
But, now there’s a new case, again, out of Florida, that will hopefully point out further flaws in the Stand Your Ground law.
Michael David Dunn, 45, is a Florida gun collector that came to Jacksonville, Florida, for a wedding. He was waiting in the car for his girlfriend while she ran into a gas station store, when he was annoyed by loud music coming from an SUV parked next to him with three young men inside.
He told them to cut it down and words were exchanged. Dunn began to fire into the truck eight or nine times, killing high school junior, Jordan Russell Davis, 17, who was seated in the backseat of the SUV.
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Unauthorized Beyoncé Bio to Reveal Inside Deets on 'SolangeGate'
- 'Peanuts' Celebrates its First African American Character, Franklin
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here