*The Trayvon Martin case made national attention in February 2011, and won’t make it to court until June 10, 2013.
But, now there’s a new case, again, out of Florida, that will hopefully point out further flaws in the Stand Your Ground law.
Michael David Dunn, 45, is a Florida gun collector that came to Jacksonville, Florida, for a wedding. He was waiting in the car for his girlfriend while she ran into a gas station store, when he was annoyed by loud music coming from an SUV parked next to him with three young men inside.
He told them to cut it down and words were exchanged. Dunn began to fire into the truck eight or nine times, killing high school junior, Jordan Russell Davis, 17, who was seated in the backseat of the SUV.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here