*The Trayvon Martin case made national attention in February 2011, and won’t make it to court until June 10, 2013.
But, now there’s a new case, again, out of Florida, that will hopefully point out further flaws in the Stand Your Ground law.
Michael David Dunn, 45, is a Florida gun collector that came to Jacksonville, Florida, for a wedding. He was waiting in the car for his girlfriend while she ran into a gas station store, when he was annoyed by loud music coming from an SUV parked next to him with three young men inside.
He told them to cut it down and words were exchanged. Dunn began to fire into the truck eight or nine times, killing high school junior, Jordan Russell Davis, 17, who was seated in the backseat of the SUV.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dr. Dre Wants 'Beats and Rhymes' Tour with Snoop, Eminem, Kendrick
- Lamar Odom Found Unconscious at Nevada Brothel; Doesn't Look Good: Report
- Najee Alli, NAN Pressure USC to Consider Hiring Black Coach
- [Watch] Teaser Trailer for Jesse Owens Biopic 'Race'
- Danny Sapani Plays ‘Berber the Moor’ in FX’s Drama 'Bastard Executioner'
- Tamera Mowry-Housely Has 'Goosebumps!' (Photos)
- Chris Bosh and Wife Adrienne Expecting Twins
- President Obama Crashes Wedding at San Diego Golf Course (Watch)
- Taraji P. Henson Slays November Cover of Essence
- Suge Knight Sneaks Birthday Message to Son During Court (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here