*Following President Barack Obama’s historic reelection last night, Mariah Carey released a new song online paying tribute to the commander in chief as he gears up for another four years.
The tune, “Bring It on Home,” is a slow-moving ballad that reflects the communal values the president espoused in his acceptance speech—the idea that America is a better, stronger and more perfect union when we care for our fellow neighbors.
“We just everyday people, tryin’ to make it through the pain/Yet we intentionally hurt each other playing silly games,” sings Carey in the opening verse. “But when it comes down to win or lose, don’t give up the fight/cause strength is what we need and love can save our lives.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Blac Chyna Robbed, Threatens to Sue if Sex Tape with Tyga Leaks
- Chamique Holdsclaw Talks Mind/Game Documentary, Personal Struggle With Mental Illness
- Twitter Trolls React to Old Navy Ad Featuring Interracial Family
- Arsenio Hall Denies Sinead O’Connor's Prince Drug Claim
- Parents, Students Stunned as 2,700 Detroit Teachers 'Call in Sick'
- Beyonce Shows Up at the Met Gala Without U-Know-Who (WATCH)
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Logan Westbrooks, Music Industry Pioneer
- Tupac Shakur's Mother Afeni Shakur-Davis Dies at 69
- No Biggie. White House Shrugs off Recent N-word Controversy
- The Socialist's Journal: 'Meternity Leave'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here