*Following President Barack Obama’s historic reelection last night, Mariah Carey released a new song online paying tribute to the commander in chief as he gears up for another four years.
The tune, “Bring It on Home,” is a slow-moving ballad that reflects the communal values the president espoused in his acceptance speech—the idea that America is a better, stronger and more perfect union when we care for our fellow neighbors.
“We just everyday people, tryin’ to make it through the pain/Yet we intentionally hurt each other playing silly games,” sings Carey in the opening verse. “But when it comes down to win or lose, don’t give up the fight/cause strength is what we need and love can save our lives.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here