*Following President Barack Obama’s historic reelection last night, Mariah Carey released a new song online paying tribute to the commander in chief as he gears up for another four years.
The tune, “Bring It on Home,” is a slow-moving ballad that reflects the communal values the president espoused in his acceptance speech—the idea that America is a better, stronger and more perfect union when we care for our fellow neighbors.
“We just everyday people, tryin’ to make it through the pain/Yet we intentionally hurt each other playing silly games,” sings Carey in the opening verse. “But when it comes down to win or lose, don’t give up the fight/cause strength is what we need and love can save our lives.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-12-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Public Invited to Watch Kendrick Lamar Receive Key to the City of Compton
- Why Are (White) People Suddenly Afraid of Beyonce's Black Pride?
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- For My Animal Loving Friends, Check Out This Unlikely Pair! (Watch)
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here