*You know you got it going on when President Obama asks YOU to pose in a photo with him doing that “face” thingy because he IS impressed with it.
That’s the situation Olympic gold medalist gymnast McKayla Maroney finds herself in after President Barack Obama took a pic with her doing that “I’m not impressed.” The snapshot went viral Saturday after the White House posted it on Twitter.
The two took the picture Thursday when Maroney and her Fierce Five teammates visited the White House.
“He was the one who brought it up,” Maroney told The Associated Press. “We were about to leave and he said, ‘I want to talk to you one second about the face.’ He said, ‘I pretty much do that face at least once a day.'”
Maroney was photographed making the half scowl with her nose scrunched up while she was on the medals podium after winning silver on vault at the London Olympics. It spawned dozens of “McKayla Maroney is not impressed” memes – including one showing a photoshopped Maroney in the White House Situation Room on the night Osama Bin Laden was killed.
The “face” has become Maroney’s trademark. But it’s one thing for fans to ask her about it, quite another when the president does.
“I, like, freaked out,” Maroney said. “He said, ‘Let’s do it together.’ We took a picture and now it’s everywhere.”
Read/learn more at ABC Local.
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here