*You know you got it going on when President Obama asks YOU to pose in a photo with him doing that “face” thingy because he IS impressed with it.
That’s the situation Olympic gold medalist gymnast McKayla Maroney finds herself in after President Barack Obama took a pic with her doing that “I’m not impressed.” The snapshot went viral Saturday after the White House posted it on Twitter.
The two took the picture Thursday when Maroney and her Fierce Five teammates visited the White House.
“He was the one who brought it up,” Maroney told The Associated Press. “We were about to leave and he said, ‘I want to talk to you one second about the face.’ He said, ‘I pretty much do that face at least once a day.'”
Maroney was photographed making the half scowl with her nose scrunched up while she was on the medals podium after winning silver on vault at the London Olympics. It spawned dozens of “McKayla Maroney is not impressed” memes – including one showing a photoshopped Maroney in the White House Situation Room on the night Osama Bin Laden was killed.
The “face” has become Maroney’s trademark. But it’s one thing for fans to ask her about it, quite another when the president does.
“I, like, freaked out,” Maroney said. “He said, ‘Let’s do it together.’ We took a picture and now it’s everywhere.”
Read/learn more at ABC Local.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here