Signature Bank has filed a lawsuit against the queen of Hip Hop Soul.
Mary J. Blige and her husband Kendu Issacs are being sued for defaulting on a $2.2 million loan she took out in October last year. She quickly fell behind and by July 2012, it was defaulted.
Signature Bank is seeking the original loan amount, plus $58,000 in interest, reports Reuters.
Unfortunately, Signature’s lawsuit against Blige isn’t her first financial lawsuit. Earlier this year, the singer and Steve Stoute’s Foundation for the Advancement of Women Now Inc. (FFAWN) was accused of mishandling funds.
TD Bank filed a $250,000 lawsuit against the foundation for failing to pay back money it borrowed.
“FFAWN is working as quickly as possible with a new team of experts that includes a philanthropic consulting firm, a non-profit law firm, and a forensic accountant,” said Blige, according to E! Online. “Their goal is to get the Foundation back on track, rectify outstanding issues, and make good on all of FFAWN’s obligations.”
Until that happens, Blige is being sued for $250,000.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here