Signature Bank has filed a lawsuit against the queen of Hip Hop Soul.
Mary J. Blige and her husband Kendu Issacs are being sued for defaulting on a $2.2 million loan she took out in October last year. She quickly fell behind and by July 2012, it was defaulted.
Signature Bank is seeking the original loan amount, plus $58,000 in interest, reports Reuters.
Unfortunately, Signature’s lawsuit against Blige isn’t her first financial lawsuit. Earlier this year, the singer and Steve Stoute’s Foundation for the Advancement of Women Now Inc. (FFAWN) was accused of mishandling funds.
TD Bank filed a $250,000 lawsuit against the foundation for failing to pay back money it borrowed.
“FFAWN is working as quickly as possible with a new team of experts that includes a philanthropic consulting firm, a non-profit law firm, and a forensic accountant,” said Blige, according to E! Online. “Their goal is to get the Foundation back on track, rectify outstanding issues, and make good on all of FFAWN’s obligations.”
Until that happens, Blige is being sued for $250,000.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- T.I. New York City Concert Shooting: 1 Dead, 3 Wounded
- Generation Rent: How Young Families are Adapting to Apartment Living
- THE (05-26-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EUR on the Scene: 2nd Annual Alma Del Barrio Salsa Festival
- People of Note: Paying Tribute to Michael
- The Legend Continues Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here