Signature Bank has filed a lawsuit against the queen of Hip Hop Soul.
Mary J. Blige and her husband Kendu Issacs are being sued for defaulting on a $2.2 million loan she took out in October last year. She quickly fell behind and by July 2012, it was defaulted.
Signature Bank is seeking the original loan amount, plus $58,000 in interest, reports Reuters.
Unfortunately, Signature’s lawsuit against Blige isn’t her first financial lawsuit. Earlier this year, the singer and Steve Stoute’s Foundation for the Advancement of Women Now Inc. (FFAWN) was accused of mishandling funds.
TD Bank filed a $250,000 lawsuit against the foundation for failing to pay back money it borrowed.
“FFAWN is working as quickly as possible with a new team of experts that includes a philanthropic consulting firm, a non-profit law firm, and a forensic accountant,” said Blige, according to E! Online. “Their goal is to get the Foundation back on track, rectify outstanding issues, and make good on all of FFAWN’s obligations.”
Until that happens, Blige is being sued for $250,000.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Faith Evans, Eric Benet, Aloe Blacc Added to Prince Tribute in L.A.
- Adele Stops Her Concert to Praise Beyonce; Calls Her ‘Jesus F***ing Christ’ (Watch)
- Why You Suddenly Heard Prince Music on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ and ‘Scandal’
- 7-Year-Old Girl Wins Handwriting Competition With No Hands
- Blac Chyna, Rob Kardashian Confirm Pregnancy with Baby Bump Emoji
- Elise Neal, Eriq LaSalle Join Hugh Jackman in ‘Wolverine 3’
- La La Anthony, Monica Calhoun, Yvette Nicole Brown Join BET’s 'New Edition: The Movie'
- DJ Kool Herc Sues HBO’s ‘Vinyl’ for Using His Identity
- Stacii Jae Johnson Writes the Book on Dating Lots of Men
- Former ‘American Idol’ Finalist Rickey Smith Killed in Car Accident
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here