Signature Bank has filed a lawsuit against the queen of Hip Hop Soul.
Mary J. Blige and her husband Kendu Issacs are being sued for defaulting on a $2.2 million loan she took out in October last year. She quickly fell behind and by July 2012, it was defaulted.
Signature Bank is seeking the original loan amount, plus $58,000 in interest, reports Reuters.
Unfortunately, Signature’s lawsuit against Blige isn’t her first financial lawsuit. Earlier this year, the singer and Steve Stoute’s Foundation for the Advancement of Women Now Inc. (FFAWN) was accused of mishandling funds.
TD Bank filed a $250,000 lawsuit against the foundation for failing to pay back money it borrowed.
“FFAWN is working as quickly as possible with a new team of experts that includes a philanthropic consulting firm, a non-profit law firm, and a forensic accountant,” said Blige, according to E! Online. “Their goal is to get the Foundation back on track, rectify outstanding issues, and make good on all of FFAWN’s obligations.”
Until that happens, Blige is being sued for $250,000.
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here