After Jet printed the interview with Alicia Keys, Mashonda has been asked for her side of the story, for the millionth time.
Somehow, someway, old buried stuff gets unearthed and becomes relevant again. But this time, Mashonda’s apparently not trying to be a part of it.
“Not much surprises me anymore when it comes to this situation. I truly thought that everyone’s priority was the well being of the children involved. I don’t see the sense in throwing oil on a fire, it just takes us back to point A,” Mashonda told GlobalGrind.com, questioning how continuing the conversation is adding anything to anyone’s life. “The Jet interview just added insult to injury. I can’t figure out how this makes us better. How is it a positive, humanitarian gesture? But artists must protect their reputation and I get that.”
She has a point, but she did continue talking about it throughout the interview.
“There have been many stabs and shots taken, thankfully they don’t bother me the way they used to. I’ve never lied about one thing involving the demise of my marriage,” Mashonda stated. “No, we were not ‘apart’ or separated, and that’s just a fact that can be proven in many ways.
She added, “Blessings have a way of disguising themselves. This situation has helped me to understand life and what really matters.”
Anyway, the ex-wife of the producer stood her ground; saying that she’s never lied about her failed marriage, and reaffirmed that she and Beatz were indeed together at the time of his budding new relationship.
The hard part, however, was dealing with the split on such a public platform.
Check out the full interview here.
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Tyga, Dule Hill, Jacob Latimore Cast in Thriller ‘Sleight’
- Laurence Fishburne to Play Alex Haley in A&E’s ‘Roots’ Remake
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here