After Jet printed the interview with Alicia Keys, Mashonda has been asked for her side of the story, for the millionth time.
Somehow, someway, old buried stuff gets unearthed and becomes relevant again. But this time, Mashonda’s apparently not trying to be a part of it.
“Not much surprises me anymore when it comes to this situation. I truly thought that everyone’s priority was the well being of the children involved. I don’t see the sense in throwing oil on a fire, it just takes us back to point A,” Mashonda told GlobalGrind.com, questioning how continuing the conversation is adding anything to anyone’s life. “The Jet interview just added insult to injury. I can’t figure out how this makes us better. How is it a positive, humanitarian gesture? But artists must protect their reputation and I get that.”
She has a point, but she did continue talking about it throughout the interview.
“There have been many stabs and shots taken, thankfully they don’t bother me the way they used to. I’ve never lied about one thing involving the demise of my marriage,” Mashonda stated. “No, we were not ‘apart’ or separated, and that’s just a fact that can be proven in many ways.
She added, “Blessings have a way of disguising themselves. This situation has helped me to understand life and what really matters.”
Anyway, the ex-wife of the producer stood her ground; saying that she’s never lied about her failed marriage, and reaffirmed that she and Beatz were indeed together at the time of his budding new relationship.
The hard part, however, was dealing with the split on such a public platform.
Check out the full interview here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- 2 Chainz’s #IsThisYoThot? Lawsuit Thrown Out by Judge
- Daniel ‘Boobie’ Gibson Reacts to Keyshia Cole’s Engagement Tweet (Pic)
- Photo of Dog With Mouth Taped Shut on Facebook, Leads to Arrest of NC Woman
- Donovan McNabb Begins 18-Day Jail Sentence in Arizona
- If You Missed it, Here's the Soul Train Awards Babyface Tribute (WATCH)
- 50 Cent Still Hasn’t Paid $7M Judgment to Rick Ross’ Baby Mother
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Fires Police Supt. Garry McCarthy
- Taraji P. Henson, Janelle Monae, Laila Ali Join Alicia Keys Charity as Ambassadors
- Lark Voorhies Reveals Instagram Account was Hacked
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here