After Jet printed the interview with Alicia Keys, Mashonda has been asked for her side of the story, for the millionth time.
Somehow, someway, old buried stuff gets unearthed and becomes relevant again. But this time, Mashonda’s apparently not trying to be a part of it.
“Not much surprises me anymore when it comes to this situation. I truly thought that everyone’s priority was the well being of the children involved. I don’t see the sense in throwing oil on a fire, it just takes us back to point A,” Mashonda told GlobalGrind.com, questioning how continuing the conversation is adding anything to anyone’s life. “The Jet interview just added insult to injury. I can’t figure out how this makes us better. How is it a positive, humanitarian gesture? But artists must protect their reputation and I get that.”
She has a point, but she did continue talking about it throughout the interview.
“There have been many stabs and shots taken, thankfully they don’t bother me the way they used to. I’ve never lied about one thing involving the demise of my marriage,” Mashonda stated. “No, we were not ‘apart’ or separated, and that’s just a fact that can be proven in many ways.
She added, “Blessings have a way of disguising themselves. This situation has helped me to understand life and what really matters.”
Anyway, the ex-wife of the producer stood her ground; saying that she’s never lied about her failed marriage, and reaffirmed that she and Beatz were indeed together at the time of his budding new relationship.
The hard part, however, was dealing with the split on such a public platform.
Check out the full interview here.
- Bobbi Kristina's Body Released for Burial
- Rashida Jones Dropped Robin Thicke for Al B. Sure in Junior High
- TV Land’s ‘Soul Man’ Renewed for Fifth and Final Season
- Nick Gordon Has ‘Suffered Greatly’ Over Bobbi Kristina, Says His Mom
- Lee Daniels, L.A. Reid to Speak at Mariah Carey’s Hollywood Star Ceremony
- Chicago Police Tow Car With Deceased Bodies Inside...Public Raises Hell! (Watch)
- Cops Kept Rihanna from Performing Free Freddie Gray Concert
- Steven Ivory: GOP and Trump—Pot, Meet Kettle
- Report: Whitney Decides Where Fortune Goes; Bobby Screwed
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here