*In the wake of Superstorm Sandy, Newark, NJ Mayor Cory Booker has allowed at least one person affected from the storm to bunk in his home and enjoy his power outlets and “working DVD player.”
Newark Mayor Cory Booker has earned the nickname “supermayor” for rushing into a burning building to save a woman from a fire last April and regularly using Twitter to personally solve the problems of his constituents
Thursday morning, a Twitter user with the handle @my_serenelove who identifies herself as a “Newark native” on the site sent a message to Mayor Booker complaining about her situation in the aftermath of the storm.
“I live around the corner from u on homestead. Why don’t we have our power back. Half of my block does,” she wrote.
Mayor Booker replied by inviting her over to his house to use the electricity, “relax” and watch DVD’s.
“There is someone at my house now (Eric). I’ve got space u can relax in, charge devices & even a working DVD player. Come by,” he wrote.
A few hours later, @my_serenelove tweeted that she was “at @CoryBooker house. Charging everything up.”
“Thx,” she added.
By Thursday afternoon (2:44 p.m.), [email protected]_serenelove wasn’t the only one crashing at Mayor Booker’s house. He later tweeted that he was “having lunch delivered for the 12 or so of you hanging at my place.”
Watch a report on Mayor Booker from Thursday’s “Rock Center” below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Blac Chyna, Rob Kardashian Confirm Pregnancy with Baby Bump Emoji
- Elise Neal, Eriq LaSalle Join Hugh Jackman in ‘Wolverine 3’
- La La Anthony, Monica Calhoun, Yvette Nicole Brown Join BET’s 'New Edition: The Movie'
- DJ Kool Herc Sues HBO’s ‘Vinyl’ for Using His Identity
- Stacii Jae Johnson Writes the Book on Dating Lots of Men
- Former ‘American Idol’ Finalist Rickey Smith Killed in Car Accident
- Ciara Gets Back at Future: She'll Grill Him Under Oath in Court
- Did Katherine Jackson Pressure Janet to Have Baby at 50?
- Not Impressed: Man Reads Book at Beyonce Concert (WATCH)
- White Woman (Samantha Niemann) Sues Diversity Program for 'Discrimination'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here