*In the wake of Superstorm Sandy, Newark, NJ Mayor Cory Booker has allowed at least one person affected from the storm to bunk in his home and enjoy his power outlets and “working DVD player.”
Newark Mayor Cory Booker has earned the nickname “supermayor” for rushing into a burning building to save a woman from a fire last April and regularly using Twitter to personally solve the problems of his constituents
Thursday morning, a Twitter user with the handle @my_serenelove who identifies herself as a “Newark native” on the site sent a message to Mayor Booker complaining about her situation in the aftermath of the storm.
“I live around the corner from u on homestead. Why don’t we have our power back. Half of my block does,” she wrote.
Mayor Booker replied by inviting her over to his house to use the electricity, “relax” and watch DVD’s.
“There is someone at my house now (Eric). I’ve got space u can relax in, charge devices & even a working DVD player. Come by,” he wrote.
A few hours later, @my_serenelove tweeted that she was “at @CoryBooker house. Charging everything up.”
“Thx,” she added.
By Thursday afternoon (2:44 p.m.), @my_serenelove wasn’t the only one crashing at Mayor Booker’s house. He later tweeted that he was “having lunch delivered for the 12 or so of you hanging at my place.”
Watch a report on Mayor Booker from Thursday’s “Rock Center” below.
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here