*MC Hammer’s high-energy performance with Psy during this year’s American Music Awards, where they mashed the Korean singer’s worldwide dance hit “Gangnam Style” with the rapper’s “2 Legit 2 Quit,” may have given the world a glimpse at what’s to come in the near future, reports Billboard.
“Well, we absolutely love working together,” Hammer told Billboard shortly after the performance. “He’s a very humble man and a hard worker and I love working with him. We are cooking in the kitchen right now.”
The man behind hits like “U Can’t Touch This” and “Pray” added reassuringly, “We’ll try to make it a surprise for you.”
For PSY, who in a week’s time will possess the most viewed YouTube video of all time, the AMAs collaboration with Hammer came about after he requested, and was granted, the closing slot during the ABC telecast. The idea itself was born out of a conversation with his manager.
“When I requested to close the show, me and my manager Scooter Braun talked a lot about… [it needed] to be special, to be big, to be massive, to be you know, something,” he told us. “So we had a conversation on the phone — I was in Korea — and all of a sudden Scooter says ‘How about MC Hammer?'”
The K-Pop star describes ten seconds of dead air after Braun said that. “And at the eleventh second we said the same thing at the same time, which was ‘WTF.'”
The result will likely go down as the highlight of the entire show on Sunday. Midway through his performance of “Gangnam,” PSY introduced Hammer who sang a few bars of “2 Legit” and danced like someone 20 years his junior (he turned 50 this year).
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Sinead O'Connor Being Sued By Arsenio Hall for Defamation
- Senator Oscar Braynon Presents 4th Choice Challenge
- THE (05-06-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton Are Tortured Souls in 'A Bigger Splash'
- Ashanti Produces New Film ('Mothers and Daughters') with Superstar Cast (Watch)
- Birdman on 'Respek' Trending & Confronting The Breakfast Club
- Report Says Percocet Found in Prince's System
- Rappers Arrested for Credit Card Fraud after Rapping about Crimes in Songs
- L. A. City Hall Salutes 'Prince' on Friday, May 6, (Open to Public FREE)
- Alicia Keys Drops New Single - Ellen's $10,000 Gift to Dance Crew (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here