*MC Hammer’s high-energy performance with Psy during this year’s American Music Awards, where they mashed the Korean singer’s worldwide dance hit “Gangnam Style” with the rapper’s “2 Legit 2 Quit,” may have given the world a glimpse at what’s to come in the near future, reports Billboard.
“Well, we absolutely love working together,” Hammer told Billboard shortly after the performance. “He’s a very humble man and a hard worker and I love working with him. We are cooking in the kitchen right now.”
The man behind hits like “U Can’t Touch This” and “Pray” added reassuringly, “We’ll try to make it a surprise for you.”
For PSY, who in a week’s time will possess the most viewed YouTube video of all time, the AMAs collaboration with Hammer came about after he requested, and was granted, the closing slot during the ABC telecast. The idea itself was born out of a conversation with his manager.
“When I requested to close the show, me and my manager Scooter Braun talked a lot about… [it needed] to be special, to be big, to be massive, to be you know, something,” he told us. “So we had a conversation on the phone — I was in Korea — and all of a sudden Scooter says ‘How about MC Hammer?'”
The K-Pop star describes ten seconds of dead air after Braun said that. “And at the eleventh second we said the same thing at the same time, which was ‘WTF.'”
The result will likely go down as the highlight of the entire show on Sunday. Midway through his performance of “Gangnam,” PSY introduced Hammer who sang a few bars of “2 Legit” and danced like someone 20 years his junior (he turned 50 this year).
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- #BlackLivesMatter Critic Peggy Hubbard Tells Activists to 'Bite Me'
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here