*MC Hammer’s high-energy performance with Psy during this year’s American Music Awards, where they mashed the Korean singer’s worldwide dance hit “Gangnam Style” with the rapper’s “2 Legit 2 Quit,” may have given the world a glimpse at what’s to come in the near future, reports Billboard.
“Well, we absolutely love working together,” Hammer told Billboard shortly after the performance. “He’s a very humble man and a hard worker and I love working with him. We are cooking in the kitchen right now.”
The man behind hits like “U Can’t Touch This” and “Pray” added reassuringly, “We’ll try to make it a surprise for you.”
For PSY, who in a week’s time will possess the most viewed YouTube video of all time, the AMAs collaboration with Hammer came about after he requested, and was granted, the closing slot during the ABC telecast. The idea itself was born out of a conversation with his manager.
“When I requested to close the show, me and my manager Scooter Braun talked a lot about… [it needed] to be special, to be big, to be massive, to be you know, something,” he told us. “So we had a conversation on the phone — I was in Korea — and all of a sudden Scooter says ‘How about MC Hammer?'”
The K-Pop star describes ten seconds of dead air after Braun said that. “And at the eleventh second we said the same thing at the same time, which was ‘WTF.'”
The result will likely go down as the highlight of the entire show on Sunday. Midway through his performance of “Gangnam,” PSY introduced Hammer who sang a few bars of “2 Legit” and danced like someone 20 years his junior (he turned 50 this year).
- BET Awards Fashion on Fleek (Watch)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Shocking Radiation Experiments on Black Children Left Holes in Head (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o Joins the Fight Against Elephant Poaching
- Tiger Woods in Denial Mode About Affair with Fellow Golfer’s Ex-Wife
- Jesse Jackson Blasts Twitter for Lack of Black and Minority Employees
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Dwyane Wade Resigns with the Miami Heat.
- Red, White, and Bruised: Decades of Mistreatment Spark Anti-Patriotic Outrage Among Black Americans
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here