*Media strategist Raymone K. Bain, perhaps best known for repping Michael Jackson, has written a tribute to the late Hector ‘Macho’ Camacho, her very first client.
Here’s what she had to say:
It is with a heavy heart and much sadness to hear of the untimely death of Boxing legend, Hector ‘Macho’ Camacho.
Hector Camacho was my very first client. He had just defeated Raphael Solis for the WBC Super Featherweight Championship.
In an era and in a sport where women had absolutely no authority, role or standing, Hector “Macho” Camacho saw past gender and boldly hired me as his advisor while consistently having to defend me, and himself, among his peers for doing so. As a result of Hector’s courageous move, I subsequently went on to represent some of the biggest names in boxing including Marvelous Marvin Hagler and Thomas “The Hitman” Hearns.
RELATED STORY: Hector ‘Macho’ Camacho Dead at 50 from Gunshot Injuries
I remember when I first met Hector…he exuded such excitement for life and for boxing…looking more like a model than a fighter, but who was one of the best fighters…pound for pound…in the world.
I remember our visits to FAO Swartz…and his buying his first train set … his excitement of seeing the ‘HOLLYWOOD’ sign for the very first time, and my friend, boxing promoter Rock Newman, and I, being in the car with Hector
when he made a wrong turn in his new Corvette … driving 85 miles per hour down the bicycle trail in New York’s Central Park. Hector was a natural showman who knew the importance of ‘branding’ long before the word was widely used.
But what stands out most in my memory, was Hector’s love and devotion to his mother, Maria. Regardless of the circumstances surrounding his untimely death, let us not forget how ‘the Macho Man’ brought joy and excitement to us all while he dazzled and
mesmerized us all.
May God bless his mother, Maria, and his family, and may he rest in peace with other of my friends from the boxing community who have recently passed…legendary boxing trainer and historian, Emmanuel Stewart, and boxing promoter, Butch Lewis.
Raymone K. Bain ([email protected]) is a media strategist, manager and spokesperson located in Washington, DC and is best known for her representation of the late “King of Pop,” Michael Jackson.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- R.Kelly Accused of Screwing Promoter Out of $500k
- W. Kamau Bell Screens 'United Shades of America' in Atlanta
- Flavor Flav Offered to Give O.J. Simpson Back His Bronze Statue
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Javier Colon performs May 4, 2016 at Rams Head on Stage
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here