*Media strategist Raymone K. Bain, perhaps best known for repping Michael Jackson, has written a tribute to the late Hector ‘Macho’ Camacho, her very first client.
Here’s what she had to say:
It is with a heavy heart and much sadness to hear of the untimely death of Boxing legend, Hector ‘Macho’ Camacho.
Hector Camacho was my very first client. He had just defeated Raphael Solis for the WBC Super Featherweight Championship.
In an era and in a sport where women had absolutely no authority, role or standing, Hector “Macho” Camacho saw past gender and boldly hired me as his advisor while consistently having to defend me, and himself, among his peers for doing so. As a result of Hector’s courageous move, I subsequently went on to represent some of the biggest names in boxing including Marvelous Marvin Hagler and Thomas “The Hitman” Hearns.
RELATED STORY: Hector ‘Macho’ Camacho Dead at 50 from Gunshot Injuries
I remember when I first met Hector…he exuded such excitement for life and for boxing…looking more like a model than a fighter, but who was one of the best fighters…pound for pound…in the world.
I remember our visits to FAO Swartz…and his buying his first train set … his excitement of seeing the ‘HOLLYWOOD’ sign for the very first time, and my friend, boxing promoter Rock Newman, and I, being in the car with Hector
when he made a wrong turn in his new Corvette … driving 85 miles per hour down the bicycle trail in New York’s Central Park. Hector was a natural showman who knew the importance of ‘branding’ long before the word was widely used.
But what stands out most in my memory, was Hector’s love and devotion to his mother, Maria. Regardless of the circumstances surrounding his untimely death, let us not forget how ‘the Macho Man’ brought joy and excitement to us all while he dazzled and
mesmerized us all.
May God bless his mother, Maria, and his family, and may he rest in peace with other of my friends from the boxing community who have recently passed…legendary boxing trainer and historian, Emmanuel Stewart, and boxing promoter, Butch Lewis.
Raymone K. Bain ([email protected]) is a media strategist, manager and spokesperson located in Washington, DC and is best known for her representation of the late “King of Pop,” Michael Jackson.
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here