*Rules are rules – even for the greatest NBA player of all time.
On Wednesday, Michael Jordan was banned from Miami’s La Gorce Country Club for wearing cargo shorts – a no-no according to the strict dress code of the South Florida golf course.
MJ was putting in work on the 12th hole when he was approached by club personnel, requesting that he change into long pants before finishing his round. When Jordan refused, he was asked to leave the club, and never come back.
Following the fashion-related incident, reps for Jordan issued the following statement:
“Michael Jordan did wear cargo pants. He had been there many times before and had worn cargo pants previously, and had never been made aware that he was violating any dress code. This time, he was made aware of the violation on the 12th hole, and at that point he did refuse to interrupt his game, and return to the clubhouse and change. We were not aware that he is not allowed to return to La Gorce. I guess it’s their loss — as MJ is a great golfer, and a great guest.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Black Stars Support Oscars At NAACP Image Awards (WATCH)
- Coalition of Police Officers Support Beyoncé’ & Formation Music Video
- Tina Campbell Calls Husband's Cheating Scandal 'Empowering'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here