*Rules are rules – even for the greatest NBA player of all time.
On Wednesday, Michael Jordan was banned from Miami’s La Gorce Country Club for wearing cargo shorts – a no-no according to the strict dress code of the South Florida golf course.
MJ was putting in work on the 12th hole when he was approached by club personnel, requesting that he change into long pants before finishing his round. When Jordan refused, he was asked to leave the club, and never come back.
Following the fashion-related incident, reps for Jordan issued the following statement:
“Michael Jordan did wear cargo pants. He had been there many times before and had worn cargo pants previously, and had never been made aware that he was violating any dress code. This time, he was made aware of the violation on the 12th hole, and at that point he did refuse to interrupt his game, and return to the clubhouse and change. We were not aware that he is not allowed to return to La Gorce. I guess it’s their loss — as MJ is a great golfer, and a great guest.”
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here