*This holiday season on “LIVE” with Kelly and Michael, new host and football legend Michael Strahan and award-winning actress Sofia Vergara will take part in the ninth annual St. Jude Thanks and Giving campaign.
The event will be a celebration of thanks for healthy children and families; and will also serve as an opportunity to give to hospitalized kids.
Beginning Thanksgiving week, Marlo Thomas, National Outreach Director for St. Jude, will welcome Hollywood’s elite to join in on the giving.
“Hanging out with the children and being a part of the St. Jude Thanks and Giving campaign is a highlight of my year,” said Michael Strahan. “St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is a remarkable place – it takes on the hardest cases and no family ever pays St. Jude for anything. I challenge all my fans to support St. Jude this holiday season and beyond to help give these kids another chance to celebrate life.”
The national television spots will air on network and cable television broadcasts, as well as online, in both English and Spanish. Celebrities will also be featured in a 60-second movie trailer that will appear in theatres nationwide – including Regal Entertainment Group, Cinemark, Carmike Cinemas, among others – as well as on American Airlines and Delta Air Lines flights. All of the spots, as well as exclusive behind-the-scenes footage, will debut at stjude.org on Nov. 16.
Sofia, a cancer survivor also commented that being a part of the event this year is “humbling and inspiring.”
Since 2004, the campaign has raised more than $312 million for cancer cure research.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Draya Michele's Post-Baby Body - Richard Sherman Pranks Himself
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here