*Mike Tyson has launched his very own children’s charity which aims to “give kids a fighting chance” by providing innovative centers that address the comprehensive needs of kids from broken homes.
The “Mike Tyson Cares Foundation” will also provide such essentials as healthcare and school assistance, shelter, mentoring, job mentoring and any other needs that the foundation deems necessary for the child in question seeking assistance, reports CNN.
The foundation will host a fundraising gala at the Las Vegas hotspot, TABU on Dec. 7, with proceeds going toward Vegas-area charities, The Shady Tree Foundation and Awakenings, which also further the mission of Tyson’s organization.
“I am very proud to launch Mike Tyson Cares Foundation,” said Tyson. “I want my legacy to be about charity and helping children. This is my start.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here