*Mike Tyson has launched his very own children’s charity which aims to “give kids a fighting chance” by providing innovative centers that address the comprehensive needs of kids from broken homes.
The “Mike Tyson Cares Foundation” will also provide such essentials as healthcare and school assistance, shelter, mentoring, job mentoring and any other needs that the foundation deems necessary for the child in question seeking assistance, reports CNN.
The foundation will host a fundraising gala at the Las Vegas hotspot, TABU on Dec. 7, with proceeds going toward Vegas-area charities, The Shady Tree Foundation and Awakenings, which also further the mission of Tyson’s organization.
“I am very proud to launch Mike Tyson Cares Foundation,” said Tyson. “I want my legacy to be about charity and helping children. This is my start.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Ed Gordon': Bounce TV's First-Ever Primetime News Magazine Show to Debut Sept. 13
- Songs in the Key of Stevie Wonder and Imhotep Gary Byrd: Celebrating 50 Years of Friendship
- Former NBAer Delonte West is NOT Homeless - Sugar Babies Are Winning?
- Olympics-Bound Gymnast Simone Biles Can Not Be Stopped (Watch)
- Judge Joe Brown Banned from Practicing Law in Tennessee
- DMX Joins Keke Palmer, Aunjanue Ellis in Indie Film ‘Pimp’
- Kanye West Expands Adidas Partnership to Include Line of Apparel, Accessories
- Willow Smith: The New Face of Chanel Eyewear (Pics & Video)
- Father of Orlando Shooting Victim Refuses to Claim Son's Body
- Russell Simmons' All Def Digital Lands New $10M in Financing
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here