The two are being honored as they join the ranks of the postage stamp family for the U.S. and also the French postal service.
“On behalf of the Miles Davis family, we are honored that the U.S. Postal Service and La Poste are paying homage to the timeless legacy of Sir Miles Dewey Davis,” said Cheryl Davis, Erin Davis and Vince Wilburn, Jr. — Miles’ daughter, son and nephew, respectively.
Along with a commemorative stamp, Davis’s life will soon be on display in a feature film, currently in production. The movie will be directed by George Tillman, Jr., the Jazz player’s eldest son, Gregory Davis, will consult the production.
“Our intention is to make a feature film that will appeal beyond the worldwide audience of Miles Davis die-hard fans, to also include those who don’t know the first thing about the man, and introduce new ears to his music,” said producer Nick Davis Raynes. “In much the same way that Walk The Line and Ray were able to open the world’s eyes to the life stories of Johnny Cash and Ray Charles, respectively, we want to make a film that will do the same justice for Miles Davis. Miles, in his fifty-year career as a musician, transcends time, space and race.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here