*Progressive political group Move On is calling for Donald Trump to be dumped as a spokesperson for Macy’s department stores.
Trump appears in a holiday advertisement for the retail chain, in which he alludes to his questions about President Barack Obama’s citizenship by questioning Santa Claus’s true identity.
Move On has now authored an online petition calling for Macy’s to fire the real estate mogul over his history of controversial comments.
The group said in its petition: “Donald Trump does not reflect the ‘magic of Macy’s’. We urge you to sever ties with him. Macy’s says it has a strong obligation to be ‘socially responsible’ and that ‘actions speak louder than words’. Indeed. It’s time to act.”
Trump was also chided by Move On for allegedly making sexist comments about female celebrities, denying climate change and criticizing US trade policy with China even though Macy’s does business with the country.
At press time, Move On’s petition had been signed by more than 450,000 people.
Superstar Cher even got in on the action, urging her Twitter followers on Sunday to get involved.
“I’ll NEVER GO TO MACY’S AGAIN ! I didn’t know they sold Donald Trump’s Line! If they don’t care that they sell products from a LOUDMOUTH,” Cher wrote.
Trump has not specifically addressed the petition, but did tweet on Monday (November 12): “Just saw my new line of shirts, ties & suits @Macys — they are fantastic! Would make great holiday presents!”
To sign the petition urging Macy’s to dump Trump, click here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Anthony Anderson Joins Queen Latifah-Produced Travel Series ‘The Best Place to Be’
- Al Qaeda to Lone Wolves in U.S.: Only Target Whites to Avoid ‘Hate Crime’ Label
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Suge Knight Sues Chris Brown over Miami Club Shooting
- Maya Angelou Doc ‘And Still I Rise’ Wins AFI Docs Audience Award (Watch a Clip)
- Toni Braxton and Birdman Cozy at the 2016 BET Awards
- Lil Wayne Wanted for Questioning in Scuffle at BET Awards After-Party
- Usher No Likey The Donald: Wears ‘Don’t Trump America’ Jacket
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here