*Progressive political group Move On is calling for Donald Trump to be dumped as a spokesperson for Macy’s department stores.
Trump appears in a holiday advertisement for the retail chain, in which he alludes to his questions about President Barack Obama’s citizenship by questioning Santa Claus’s true identity.
Move On has now authored an online petition calling for Macy’s to fire the real estate mogul over his history of controversial comments.
The group said in its petition: “Donald Trump does not reflect the ‘magic of Macy’s’. We urge you to sever ties with him. Macy’s says it has a strong obligation to be ‘socially responsible’ and that ‘actions speak louder than words’. Indeed. It’s time to act.”
Trump was also chided by Move On for allegedly making sexist comments about female celebrities, denying climate change and criticizing US trade policy with China even though Macy’s does business with the country.
At press time, Move On’s petition had been signed by more than 450,000 people.
Superstar Cher even got in on the action, urging her Twitter followers on Sunday to get involved.
“I’ll NEVER GO TO MACY’S AGAIN ! I didn’t know they sold Donald Trump’s Line! If they don’t care that they sell products from a LOUDMOUTH,” Cher wrote.
Trump has not specifically addressed the petition, but did tweet on Monday (November 12): “Just saw my new line of shirts, ties & suits @Macys — they are fantastic! Would make great holiday presents!”
To sign the petition urging Macy’s to dump Trump, click here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Marshawn Lynch Retires Without Having Spent His $50M NFL Income
- Nuisance Abatement Law Seemingly Gives NYPD License to Evict Criminal and Non-Criminal Residents
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here