*The NAACP has classic litigation that it is famous for, but it’s been some time since we’ve seen a landmark case grab their attention.
But with a new sheriff in town at the lead, there may be a jump to energize this area of the NAACP and set some fires under politicians to get us back on track again; especially in voting issues.
This week, the NAACP announced that Sherrilyn Ifill has been passed the baton of leadership for their Legal Defense Fund (LDF). She’s a nationally known advocate in the areas of “civil rights, voting rights, judicial diversity and judicial decision-making.”
Hailing from the University of Maryland’s Law School since 1993, she has taught Constitutional Law, Environmental Justice, Complex Litigation, as well as seminars on Voting Rights and Equal Protection. Not only that, she co-founded the Reentry of Ex-Offenders Clinic that focuses on the legal rights of ex-offenders. Annnd, she wrote an important book, “On the Courthouse Lawn: Confronting the Legacy of Lynching in the Twenty-First Century.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Azealia Banks Advises Beyonce to 'Stay Under Jay-z’s Foot'
- Man Who Read Book at Beyonce Concert Explains; Reveals Title
- Video of Prince’s Emergency Landing in Illinois Released (Watch)
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers, Grace Gealey Share Honeymoon Pics from Europe
- Faith Evans, Eric Benet, Aloe Blacc Added to Prince Tribute in L.A.
- Adele Stops Her Concert to Praise Beyonce; Calls Her ‘Jesus F***ing Christ’ (Watch)
- Why You Suddenly Heard Prince Music on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ and ‘Scandal’
- 7-Year-Old Girl Wins Handwriting Competition With No Hands
- Blac Chyna, Rob Kardashian Confirm Pregnancy with Baby Bump Emoji
- Elise Neal, Eriq LaSalle Join Hugh Jackman in ‘Wolverine 3’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here