*Last spring, a blog famously revealed the salaries earned by each cast member of “The Real Housewives of Atlanta,” and the information quickly spread across the Internet and onto one star’s last freakin’ nerve.
“It wasn’t cool to me at all,” NeNe told EURweb while promoting her current NBC series “The New Normal.” According to MediaTakeOut, the reality show maven and one-time “Celebrity Apprentice” contestant made $1 million last season ($750,000 total for the episodes, and a $250,000 bonus for the reunion show).
She is the highest paid among her co-stars, but NeNe says that’s none of our business.
“Listen, I already have family members asking me for stuff, and then they wanna go posting my salary? That wasn’t cool at all,” she told us. “Now everybody’s asking for something. When people even come to cut your hair, a normal haircut when they came to your house was $100. Now mine is $300. People elevate the prices on you, so that’s not cool.
“And then, I may have wanted you to think I made more money than that!”
The fact that everybody now knows how much Bravo pays her is just one part of NeNe’s overall problem with her complete loss of privacy. She vents below about her popularity being both “a blessing and a curse.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- J.Lo's 'Shades of Blue' Scores Second Season
- Lamar Sally: ‘Sherri Shepherd Has Made My Life A Living Hell’
- Super Bowl 50: As Seen From Beyonce’s Instagram
- 'Wendy's Style Squad' Coming to BET
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here