*Newark, New Jersey is up in arms over the newest replacement on their City Council, but for reasons that may surprise you.
Corey Booker has been all over the news as Newark’s community mayor. He is the golden guy that will come and sit with your grandmother if you need to run to work or even come help out with shoveling the snow on your block during a winter storm.
So how is it that residents, political, and community activists are ready to go toe-to-toe with him over his vote for the newest city council member?
According to New Jersey’s Star-Ledger, City Hall was packed to the brim for the election of the newest city council member Tuesday when, out of nowhere, Mayor Corey Booker showed up to cast his vote because quorum or the amount of officials needed to vote was not met.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Taraji P. Posts IG Response to Rumors of Beef with Terrence Howard (WATCH)
- EURweb on the Scene: 3rd Annual Ocktober Film Festival
- Derek Fisher Addresses Alleged Fight With Matt Barnes
- Man's 20-Year-Old Girlfriend Kicked His Baby to Death (Video)
- Kanye Claims He's Discriminated Against Because He's Not Gay
- The Game Stops by SKEE TV; Discusses #Documentary2 & Disses Young Thug (WATCH)
- Ben Carson Remembers Being Held at Gunpoint While in Popeye’s
- It’s ‘Very Difficult’ for Black Staffers at Fox News - Former NABJ President
- Tracy 'T-Mac' McGrady Launches Mobile HBCU Fundraising Campaign
- Wendy Williams Joins 'Salute Her' Honorees To Kick Off Circle of Sisters Weekend
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here