*Newark, New Jersey is up in arms over the newest replacement on their City Council, but for reasons that may surprise you.
Corey Booker has been all over the news as Newark’s community mayor. He is the golden guy that will come and sit with your grandmother if you need to run to work or even come help out with shoveling the snow on your block during a winter storm.
So how is it that residents, political, and community activists are ready to go toe-to-toe with him over his vote for the newest city council member?
According to New Jersey’s Star-Ledger, City Hall was packed to the brim for the election of the newest city council member Tuesday when, out of nowhere, Mayor Corey Booker showed up to cast his vote because quorum or the amount of officials needed to vote was not met.
- Economy Adds 223K Jobs; Black Unemployment Down Slightly
- Don Lemon to Donald Trump: 'Did You Have to Say They Were Rapists?' (Watch)
- Mother Who Killed Her Kids Tells Court, 'I'd Do it Again!' (Disturbing Video)
- Queen Latifah, Jennifer Garner Lead TD Jakes’ ‘Miracles From Heaven’
- ‘Dukes of Hazzard’s’ John Schneider Rips TV Land for Pulling Show Over Rebel Flag (Watch)
- NYC Mayor: Officials 'Reviewing' Donald Trump's City Contracts
- Robin Thicke Distracted by Marriage Fail During ‘Blurred Lines’ Lawsuit
- Sherri Shepherd Settles Custody Battle with Lamar Sally
- EUR Exclusive: Boris and Nicole Discuss New Talk Show (WATCH)
- Black Confederate Flag Defender Believes Slavery was a ‘Choice’ (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here