*Former Seattle Seahawks player Jerramy Stevens was arrested early Monday on suspicion of assaulting U.S. soccer star Hope Solo a day before their planned wedding on Tuesday.
The Olympic gold medal-winning goalie was preparing to exchange vows in secret with Stevens in Seattle, but the ceremony was called off after an argument about where they will live after marriage – Florida or Washington – allegedly got violent.
Stevens was arrested on suspicion of fourth-degree assault after cops saw signs of a fight and blood on his shirt when they investigated a disturbance at a private party in Kirkland, Washington. In an affidavit, the arresting officer noted that Stevens admitted arguing with Solo, who had a cut on her elbow.
According to the Associated Press, Solo appeared in court on Tuesday – the day she was supposed to walk down the aisle – and charges were dropped against Stevens.
The athletes, who have been dating for two months, applied for a marriage license on Nov. 8 and had hoped to keep their wedding this week under wraps.
Kirkland Police Lt. Mike Murray tells Washington news station KING-TV: “If officers find that an assault may have taken place, then we have to make an arrest on who we determine is the primary aggressor.”
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here