*Former Seattle Seahawks player Jerramy Stevens was arrested early Monday on suspicion of assaulting U.S. soccer star Hope Solo a day before their planned wedding on Tuesday.
The Olympic gold medal-winning goalie was preparing to exchange vows in secret with Stevens in Seattle, but the ceremony was called off after an argument about where they will live after marriage – Florida or Washington – allegedly got violent.
Stevens was arrested on suspicion of fourth-degree assault after cops saw signs of a fight and blood on his shirt when they investigated a disturbance at a private party in Kirkland, Washington. In an affidavit, the arresting officer noted that Stevens admitted arguing with Solo, who had a cut on her elbow.
According to the Associated Press, Solo appeared in court on Tuesday – the day she was supposed to walk down the aisle – and charges were dropped against Stevens.
The athletes, who have been dating for two months, applied for a marriage license on Nov. 8 and had hoped to keep their wedding this week under wraps.
Kirkland Police Lt. Mike Murray tells Washington news station KING-TV: “If officers find that an assault may have taken place, then we have to make an arrest on who we determine is the primary aggressor.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Laquan McDonald Killing Prompts Protesters to Target Black Friday Shopping Areas
- Kim Foxx Vows Reform for Chicago After Laquan McDonald Case
- #BLM Movement Picks Up Support from Benjamin Chavis and NNPA
- Jahlil Okafor: 76ers Rookie in Fight Outside Boston Nightspot (VIDEO)
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- THE (11-27-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain Tells Larry King Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here