*Former Seattle Seahawks player Jerramy Stevens was arrested early Monday on suspicion of assaulting U.S. soccer star Hope Solo a day before their planned wedding on Tuesday.
The Olympic gold medal-winning goalie was preparing to exchange vows in secret with Stevens in Seattle, but the ceremony was called off after an argument about where they will live after marriage – Florida or Washington – allegedly got violent.
Stevens was arrested on suspicion of fourth-degree assault after cops saw signs of a fight and blood on his shirt when they investigated a disturbance at a private party in Kirkland, Washington. In an affidavit, the arresting officer noted that Stevens admitted arguing with Solo, who had a cut on her elbow.
According to the Associated Press, Solo appeared in court on Tuesday – the day she was supposed to walk down the aisle – and charges were dropped against Stevens.
The athletes, who have been dating for two months, applied for a marriage license on Nov. 8 and had hoped to keep their wedding this week under wraps.
Kirkland Police Lt. Mike Murray tells Washington news station KING-TV: “If officers find that an assault may have taken place, then we have to make an arrest on who we determine is the primary aggressor.”
- THE (08-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kanye to Run for President, Revisits Taylor Swift Hijack (WATCH)
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here