*Former Seattle Seahawks player Jerramy Stevens was arrested early Monday on suspicion of assaulting U.S. soccer star Hope Solo a day before their planned wedding on Tuesday.
The Olympic gold medal-winning goalie was preparing to exchange vows in secret with Stevens in Seattle, but the ceremony was called off after an argument about where they will live after marriage – Florida or Washington – allegedly got violent.
Stevens was arrested on suspicion of fourth-degree assault after cops saw signs of a fight and blood on his shirt when they investigated a disturbance at a private party in Kirkland, Washington. In an affidavit, the arresting officer noted that Stevens admitted arguing with Solo, who had a cut on her elbow.
According to the Associated Press, Solo appeared in court on Tuesday – the day she was supposed to walk down the aisle – and charges were dropped against Stevens.
The athletes, who have been dating for two months, applied for a marriage license on Nov. 8 and had hoped to keep their wedding this week under wraps.
Kirkland Police Lt. Mike Murray tells Washington news station KING-TV: “If officers find that an assault may have taken place, then we have to make an arrest on who we determine is the primary aggressor.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here