*Former Seattle Seahawks player Jerramy Stevens was arrested early Monday on suspicion of assaulting U.S. soccer star Hope Solo a day before their planned wedding on Tuesday.
The Olympic gold medal-winning goalie was preparing to exchange vows in secret with Stevens in Seattle, but the ceremony was called off after an argument about where they will live after marriage – Florida or Washington – allegedly got violent.
Stevens was arrested on suspicion of fourth-degree assault after cops saw signs of a fight and blood on his shirt when they investigated a disturbance at a private party in Kirkland, Washington. In an affidavit, the arresting officer noted that Stevens admitted arguing with Solo, who had a cut on her elbow.
According to the Associated Press, Solo appeared in court on Tuesday – the day she was supposed to walk down the aisle – and charges were dropped against Stevens.
The athletes, who have been dating for two months, applied for a marriage license on Nov. 8 and had hoped to keep their wedding this week under wraps.
Kirkland Police Lt. Mike Murray tells Washington news station KING-TV: “If officers find that an assault may have taken place, then we have to make an arrest on who we determine is the primary aggressor.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here