*Nicki Minaj is in the headlines again over her “American Idol” hustle. But this time, her ire isn’t directed toward fellow judge Mariah Carey. She’s going in on former judge Steven Tyler, who made a choice assumption when asked by MTV News for his opinion on the new crop of judges.
“I know that they’ve got something going on on the judges’ panel, [and] it shouldn’t be that, it should be the opposite,” Tyler, 64, said in reference to Minaj’s feud with Carey. “They should have something going on, which is called ‘camaraderie.'”
Tyler claimed that he and his co-judges — who guided Phillip Phillips to victory in Season 11 — were much better equipped to nurture young talent.
“These kids, they just got out of a car from the Midwest somewhere and they’re in New York City, they’re scared to death; you’re not going to get the best [out of them],” Tyler argued. “If it was Bob Dylan, Nicki Minaj would have had him sent to the cornfield. Whereas, if it was Bob Dylan with us, we would have brought the best of him out, as we did with Phillip Phillips. Just saying.”
Just a couple hours after the release of that interview, an enraged Minaj took to Twitter.
“Steven Tyler said I would have sent Bob Dylan to a cornfield??? Steven, you haven’t seen me judge one single solitary contestant yet!” the rapper wrote Monday. “You assume that I wouldn’t have liked Bob Dylan??? Why? Black? Rapper? What? Go f— yourself and worry about yourself babe.”
Continued Minaj, “I understand you really wanted to keep your job, but take that up with the producers. I haven’t done anything to you. That’s a racist comment.”
In the end, the Young Money Entertainment star chalked up the rock legend’s criticisms to bitterness.
“When Steven first went on Idol he was ridiculed by his peers and fans alike. Called a sell out,” she opined. “So what does he do? Ridicule the next judge.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Glam-Horror 'The Neon Demon' is a 'Celebration of Narcissism'
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here