*Nicki Minaj’s “Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded” album may have gone platinum, but its follow up – an expanded version titled “Pink Friday Roman Reloaded: The Re-Up,” released Nov. 19 – hasn’t gotten off to as good of a start, and she’s putting the blame on three of the nation’s biggest retailer for making the CD difficult to purchase.
“It is hard to get the album because the stores basically said that the last few re-releases they had put out did not do well and they didn’t want to take a chance,” she said in an appearance on New York radio station Power 105.1’s The Breakfast Club. “So, Target and Walmart is not selling the album. Target is actually my biggest retailer — they’ve always been my biggest retailer. They’ve sold the most Nicki Minaj albums ever, so, thank you, Target. But I wish you could’ve sold this one.”
Minaj also faults Best Buy, claiming the retailer “only took limited [quantities] because they’re like ‘Oh we don’t know, we want to play it safe,’ so it’s very difficult and it kind of sets you up to fail,” she said, adding that some of her fans “have been driving hours, literally hours, to get one CD. But it is what it is, and I appreciate the support, and I’m excited about the music.”
“Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded,” which hit stores April 2, was certified platinum after selling more than 1 million units in the U.S. The album debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, selling 253,000 units in its first week.
The “Re-Up” includes eight new songs — including “The Boys,” “Va Va Voom” and “Freedom” — along with a DVD featuring the album’s music videos and 90 minutes of behind-the-scenes footage.
Watch her interview with Power 105.1 below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Iyanla Vanzant Gets Real as Woman Confronts Gay Pastor Husband
- Memo to Publisher McGraw-Hill: 'Slaves' Were Not 'Workers' (Watch)
- Tupac Planned to Kill ‘Thug Life’ Via 'Thug Life is Dead' Letter
- Steven Ivory: Lunch, with a Side of Humility
- Janet Jackson Reschedules Vegas Shows Supposedly to Rest Voice
- Jeremiah Wright is Still Hatin' on President Obama
- The Socialist's Journal: Quarterly Quick Hits Part 3
- Olatunde Osunsanmi Tackles Science Behind Fiction With Hollywood TV & Film Successes
- *The Napa Valley Wine Train Ladies Visit 'The Real' (WATCH)
- Black Owned Beauty Supply Outlet Replaces Destroyed Korean Owned Store in Ferguson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here