*President Lincoln will be back inside of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. today.
The White House said Wednesday that President Obama will host the cast and crew of Steven Spielberg’s biopic “Lincoln” today for a special screening.
The Disney release, produced by DreamWorks and Fox in association with Participant Media, will screen in the evening, after the president returns from New York, where he plans to view the damage from Hurricane Sandy and speak with victims and first responders.
Sources said Spielberg is planning to attend the screening along with stars Daniel Day-Lewis, Sally Field, Gloria Reuben and Tommy Lee Jones along with DreamWorks co-chairman and CEO Stacey Snider and producer Kathleen Kennedy.
Spielberg and DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg have been big supporters of Obama and his re-election campaign, each donating $1 million to super PAC Priorities USA last month. And “Lincoln” star Daniel Day-Lewis recently mocked Clint Eastwood’s appearance at the Republican National Convention while accepting an award at the British Academy of Film and Television Arts’ Britannia Awards. Watch below.
“Lincoln” centers on the final four months of the 16th president’s life and tells the story of how he abolished slavery. The movie opened last Friday in 11 cities and will arrive in theaters nationwide tomorrow, Nov. 16.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Overcoming Dating Burnout: How to Thrive in the Deprived Dating Scene
- Daddy & Daughter Release Book for Brooklyn, NYC Tourists
- THE (07-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Nia Long on ‘Boyz n the Hood’ 25th Anniversary & Becoming an Oscar Voter (WATCH)
- Birdman: 'I Got A Million Dollars Under My Mattress'
- #DeyaDoesEssence! Meet Me in the Big Easy!
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here