*President Lincoln will be back inside of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. today.
The White House said Wednesday that President Obama will host the cast and crew of Steven Spielberg’s biopic “Lincoln” today for a special screening.
The Disney release, produced by DreamWorks and Fox in association with Participant Media, will screen in the evening, after the president returns from New York, where he plans to view the damage from Hurricane Sandy and speak with victims and first responders.
Sources said Spielberg is planning to attend the screening along with stars Daniel Day-Lewis, Sally Field, Gloria Reuben and Tommy Lee Jones along with DreamWorks co-chairman and CEO Stacey Snider and producer Kathleen Kennedy.
Spielberg and DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg have been big supporters of Obama and his re-election campaign, each donating $1 million to super PAC Priorities USA last month. And “Lincoln” star Daniel Day-Lewis recently mocked Clint Eastwood’s appearance at the Republican National Convention while accepting an award at the British Academy of Film and Television Arts’ Britannia Awards. Watch below.
“Lincoln” centers on the final four months of the 16th president’s life and tells the story of how he abolished slavery. The movie opened last Friday in 11 cities and will arrive in theaters nationwide tomorrow, Nov. 16.
- Trump Casino Worker: Blacks Hidden When the Donald Visited
- Fox News' Megyn Kelly Goes in on #BlackLivesMatter Supporter (WATCH)
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- The Great American Phone Lease...
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here