The fat lady has sung for the last time, Republicans.
NBC News on Saturday projected that President Barack Obama has won Florida, topping Republican challenger Mitt Romney in the final electoral vote tally 332 to 206.
The Florida Secretary of State’s Office said that with almost 100 percent of the vote counted, Obama led Romney 50 percent to 49.1 percent, a difference of about 74,000 votes. That was over the half-percent margin where a computer recount would have been automatically ordered unless Romney had waived it, NBC News reported.
Obama had already clinched re-election, leading earlier in the Electoral College vote 303 to 206.
A win in Florida gives Obama victories in eight of the nine swing states, losing only North Carolina. He won Ohio, Iowa, New Hampshire, Wisconsin, Virginia, Colorado and Nevada.
Read/learn more at NBC Miami.
Watch this video news report on the Florida vote count:
View more videos at: http://nbcmiami.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince Update: He was Scheduled to Meet with Addition Doctor (Report)
- Beyoncé Announces Investment in Watermelon Sports Drink Co.
- Did You Wake Up to The Voice of 'The Rock'? You Could (Watch)
- 50 Cent Apologizes to Family of Autistic Airport Worker
- Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder wants Pres. Obama to Drink Flint Water
- Mental Health Therapist Teaches Victims to Forgive
- THE (05-04-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here