The fat lady has sung for the last time, Republicans.
NBC News on Saturday projected that President Barack Obama has won Florida, topping Republican challenger Mitt Romney in the final electoral vote tally 332 to 206.
The Florida Secretary of State’s Office said that with almost 100 percent of the vote counted, Obama led Romney 50 percent to 49.1 percent, a difference of about 74,000 votes. That was over the half-percent margin where a computer recount would have been automatically ordered unless Romney had waived it, NBC News reported.
Obama had already clinched re-election, leading earlier in the Electoral College vote 303 to 206.
A win in Florida gives Obama victories in eight of the nine swing states, losing only North Carolina. He won Ohio, Iowa, New Hampshire, Wisconsin, Virginia, Colorado and Nevada.
Read/learn more at NBC Miami.
Watch this video news report on the Florida vote count:
View more videos at: http://nbcmiami.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- (Video) WATCH: New 'Zootopia' Trailer
- Patti LaBelle Wants to Work with Fetty Wap, Talks Pie Success [WATCH]
- ‘Empire’: Alicia Keys Storyline to Explore Biracial Issues (Watch)
- Erased Burger King Footage in Laquan McDonald Shooting Tested for ‘Tampering’
- Videos Show Armed White Men Threatening #BlackLivesMatter Minneapolis Activists (Watch)
- Arthur Ashe Items From Private Collector Headed to Auction
- Serena Williams Devastated Over Death of Dog Jackie (Video)
- Patti LaBelle Invites James Wright Chanel to Thanksgiving Dinner; Admits Video Increased Sales
- Report: Tyga Hooked Up With Same Porn Star as Charlie Sheen; Jenners in 'Meltdown Mode'
- MC Lyte: Fetty Wap is Hip Hop’s Most Feminist Rapper (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here