Wendy Williams and her husband, Kevin Hunter, had a china-based company make 12,140 pairs of shoes bearing her logo, and then refused to pay, reports the NY Daily News. Obviously, there have been repercussions. Havoc has been wreaked on the owners of Max Harvest International Holding, the small manufacturing company who ended up going into hiding this month after the shoe factory owner – who hadn’t been paid – kidnapped one of their managers in mainland China, according to sources.
If this sounds like a straight up espionage movie to you, please know that you are not alone.
RELATED STORY: Wendy Williams Shows Lotsa Skin for PETA (Look!)
The kidnappers held the man for two weeks before releasing him shaken but unharmed. The manufacturing firm’s owners, a businessman and his wife who do not want to be identified, fled Hong Kong, a New York based business associate said late Tuesday.
According to the Hong Kong couple’s lawyer, Staci Riordan of Los Angeles, Williams and her husband never paid their shoe bill; which now exceeds $419,000.
She said they signed a contract last year to buy the shoes -part of Williams’ “Adorn” line.
“Things don’t work in China the way they work in the United States,” Riordan said.
She said she has been trying for months to negotiate a settlement, but if it can’t be resolved soon, her client will file a lawsuit in Manhattan Supreme Court.
Might we add, Ms. Williams has declined to comment?
To read more, click over to the NY Daily News … please.
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here