Wendy Williams and her husband, Kevin Hunter, had a china-based company make 12,140 pairs of shoes bearing her logo, and then refused to pay, reports the NY Daily News. Obviously, there have been repercussions. Havoc has been wreaked on the owners of Max Harvest International Holding, the small manufacturing company who ended up going into hiding this month after the shoe factory owner – who hadn’t been paid – kidnapped one of their managers in mainland China, according to sources.
If this sounds like a straight up espionage movie to you, please know that you are not alone.
RELATED STORY: Wendy Williams Shows Lotsa Skin for PETA (Look!)
The kidnappers held the man for two weeks before releasing him shaken but unharmed. The manufacturing firm’s owners, a businessman and his wife who do not want to be identified, fled Hong Kong, a New York based business associate said late Tuesday.
According to the Hong Kong couple’s lawyer, Staci Riordan of Los Angeles, Williams and her husband never paid their shoe bill; which now exceeds $419,000.
She said they signed a contract last year to buy the shoes -part of Williams’ “Adorn” line.
“Things don’t work in China the way they work in the United States,” Riordan said.
She said she has been trying for months to negotiate a settlement, but if it can’t be resolved soon, her client will file a lawsuit in Manhattan Supreme Court.
Might we add, Ms. Williams has declined to comment?
To read more, click over to the NY Daily News … please.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Romeo Miller Responds to Mother Suing Him with Emotional Letter
- Miss Robbie Talks Vegan Soul Food, Family Legacy and Being the Best [EUR Exclusive]
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Donald Trump
- PETA Offers $5K for Info On Puppies Found in Sealed Aquarium in the Woods
- Patti LaBelle Has More for Walmart; Steph Curry Buys a Mansion
- Laquan McDonald Killing Prompts Protesters to Target Black Friday Shopping Areas
- Kim Foxx Vows Reform for Chicago After Laquan McDonald Case
- #BLM Movement Picks Up Support from Benjamin Chavis and NNPA
- Jahlil Okafor: 76ers Rookie in Fight Outside Boston Nightspot (VIDEO)
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here