Wendy Williams and her husband, Kevin Hunter, had a china-based company make 12,140 pairs of shoes bearing her logo, and then refused to pay, reports the NY Daily News. Obviously, there have been repercussions. Havoc has been wreaked on the owners of Max Harvest International Holding, the small manufacturing company who ended up going into hiding this month after the shoe factory owner – who hadn’t been paid – kidnapped one of their managers in mainland China, according to sources.
If this sounds like a straight up espionage movie to you, please know that you are not alone.
RELATED STORY: Wendy Williams Shows Lotsa Skin for PETA (Look!)
The kidnappers held the man for two weeks before releasing him shaken but unharmed. The manufacturing firm’s owners, a businessman and his wife who do not want to be identified, fled Hong Kong, a New York based business associate said late Tuesday.
According to the Hong Kong couple’s lawyer, Staci Riordan of Los Angeles, Williams and her husband never paid their shoe bill; which now exceeds $419,000.
She said they signed a contract last year to buy the shoes -part of Williams’ “Adorn” line.
“Things don’t work in China the way they work in the United States,” Riordan said.
She said she has been trying for months to negotiate a settlement, but if it can’t be resolved soon, her client will file a lawsuit in Manhattan Supreme Court.
Might we add, Ms. Williams has declined to comment?
To read more, click over to the NY Daily News … please.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here