It’s one of those organizations one has to kind of look at and laugh.
Yeah, being an animal lover is one thing, but they take it to the extreme.
And the org’s most recent petition proves it.
It’s Thanksgiving and every year the president pardon’s a turkey. This year, PETA is demanding that President Obama stop the traditional ceremony, comparing a turkey’s rights to oppressed minorities.
PETA composed a letter to the Obama administration saying that the turkey-pardoning ceremony “makes light of the mass slaughter of some 46 million gentle, intelligent birds.”
Let us not forget the mass genocide of millions of ‘gentle’ Native people who thrived on in America long before Columbus. (we’re getting too political here.)
The letter went on saying black people and other minorities are like turkeys.
“You understand so well that African-Americans, women, and members of the LGBT community have been poorly served throughout history, and now I am asking you to consider other living beings who are ridiculed, belittled, and treated as if their sentience, feelings, and very natures count for nothing.”
PETA is also petitioning Americans to go vegan on the big day, using the mantra that turkeys are poor defenseless animals that shouldn’t be eaten.
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Funeral to be Held This Week; Family Source Says She Will Be Buried Near Her Mother Whitney Houston
- Derek Luke Slams Instagram Trolls, Defends Interracial Marriage
- Bill Cosby Story Triggers Hacker Attack on New York Magazine Website
- Sandra Bland Co-Inmate Certain Suicide is Cause of Death
- Anthony Davis Turned Down 'DWTS' Because, 'I Can't Dance'
- Dionne Warwick Says Bobbi Kristina, 'In Much Better Hands Now’
- Celebrities React to Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Death
- Ice-T and Coco Are Gonna Have A Baby!
- Report: Joe Jackson Suffers Stroke/Blindness in Brazil
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here