It’s one of those organizations one has to kind of look at and laugh.
Yeah, being an animal lover is one thing, but they take it to the extreme.
And the org’s most recent petition proves it.
It’s Thanksgiving and every year the president pardon’s a turkey. This year, PETA is demanding that President Obama stop the traditional ceremony, comparing a turkey’s rights to oppressed minorities.
PETA composed a letter to the Obama administration saying that the turkey-pardoning ceremony “makes light of the mass slaughter of some 46 million gentle, intelligent birds.”
Let us not forget the mass genocide of millions of ‘gentle’ Native people who thrived on in America long before Columbus. (we’re getting too political here.)
The letter went on saying black people and other minorities are like turkeys.
“You understand so well that African-Americans, women, and members of the LGBT community have been poorly served throughout history, and now I am asking you to consider other living beings who are ridiculed, belittled, and treated as if their sentience, feelings, and very natures count for nothing.”
PETA is also petitioning Americans to go vegan on the big day, using the mantra that turkeys are poor defenseless animals that shouldn’t be eaten.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here