It’s one of those organizations one has to kind of look at and laugh.
Yeah, being an animal lover is one thing, but they take it to the extreme.
And the org’s most recent petition proves it.
It’s Thanksgiving and every year the president pardon’s a turkey. This year, PETA is demanding that President Obama stop the traditional ceremony, comparing a turkey’s rights to oppressed minorities.
PETA composed a letter to the Obama administration saying that the turkey-pardoning ceremony “makes light of the mass slaughter of some 46 million gentle, intelligent birds.”
Let us not forget the mass genocide of millions of ‘gentle’ Native people who thrived on in America long before Columbus. (we’re getting too political here.)
The letter went on saying black people and other minorities are like turkeys.
“You understand so well that African-Americans, women, and members of the LGBT community have been poorly served throughout history, and now I am asking you to consider other living beings who are ridiculed, belittled, and treated as if their sentience, feelings, and very natures count for nothing.”
PETA is also petitioning Americans to go vegan on the big day, using the mantra that turkeys are poor defenseless animals that shouldn’t be eaten.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Usher’s ‘Don’t Trump America’ Shirt from BET Awards Now On Sale
- Lil Wayne’s Prison Memoir ‘Gone Til November’ Finally Due in October
- Dollywood's 'World's Fastest Wooden Coaster' is Slowed due to Recall
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here