*PhatFest, East Africa’s most celebrated gospel concert organised by Power FM, is back, says AllAfrica.com.
Happening at Kyadondo rugby grounds on December 14, the music fest is to be graced by more than 15 Ugandan artistes such as Wilson Bugembe, Maurice Kirya, Coopy Bly, Mac Elvis, Tamba, Myko Ouma and Exodus. Daddy Owen and Kris EhBaba from Kenya will also grace the concert.
“This year, we intend to take people on the gospel music journey in Uganda over the last 50 years and therefore, we are going as far back to get the first ever gospel recording group, the Calvary Cross choir,” Peter Kakuru, Power FM’s new station manager said.
Calvary Cross choir, led by Pastor Simeon Kayiwa, was very popular back in the day, introducing to Ugandans stories from the Bible – like the story of David and Goliath – told with amazing melody. Other gospel old timers set to make another splash at this year’s PhatFest include Limit X, Phiona Mukasa and First Love, among others.
Read more at AllAfrica.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Yolanda Adams Added to Fox’s Live Musical ‘The Passion’
- Lance Stephenson Drags Ex K. Michelle Over ‘Down in the DM’ Remix
- Cleveland Rescinds $500 ER Bill Sent to Tamir Rice’s Family
- Not a Good Cop Look: Ex-Sheriff, Lee Baca, Admits Guilt in False Statements
- Woman Accusing Chris Brown of Battery Files Lawsuit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here