*PhatFest, East Africa’s most celebrated gospel concert organised by Power FM, is back, says AllAfrica.com.
Happening at Kyadondo rugby grounds on December 14, the music fest is to be graced by more than 15 Ugandan artistes such as Wilson Bugembe, Maurice Kirya, Coopy Bly, Mac Elvis, Tamba, Myko Ouma and Exodus. Daddy Owen and Kris EhBaba from Kenya will also grace the concert.
“This year, we intend to take people on the gospel music journey in Uganda over the last 50 years and therefore, we are going as far back to get the first ever gospel recording group, the Calvary Cross choir,” Peter Kakuru, Power FM’s new station manager said.
Calvary Cross choir, led by Pastor Simeon Kayiwa, was very popular back in the day, introducing to Ugandans stories from the Bible – like the story of David and Goliath – told with amazing melody. Other gospel old timers set to make another splash at this year’s PhatFest include Limit X, Phiona Mukasa and First Love, among others.
Read more at AllAfrica.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here