*PhatFest, East Africa’s most celebrated gospel concert organised by Power FM, is back, says AllAfrica.com.
Happening at Kyadondo rugby grounds on December 14, the music fest is to be graced by more than 15 Ugandan artistes such as Wilson Bugembe, Maurice Kirya, Coopy Bly, Mac Elvis, Tamba, Myko Ouma and Exodus. Daddy Owen and Kris EhBaba from Kenya will also grace the concert.
“This year, we intend to take people on the gospel music journey in Uganda over the last 50 years and therefore, we are going as far back to get the first ever gospel recording group, the Calvary Cross choir,” Peter Kakuru, Power FM’s new station manager said.
Calvary Cross choir, led by Pastor Simeon Kayiwa, was very popular back in the day, introducing to Ugandans stories from the Bible – like the story of David and Goliath – told with amazing melody. Other gospel old timers set to make another splash at this year’s PhatFest include Limit X, Phiona Mukasa and First Love, among others.
Read more at AllAfrica.com.
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- The NBA Demands Removal of Flag & No More Systematic Racism
- Deya Gets Direct with Single Men (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here