*PhatFest, East Africa’s most celebrated gospel concert organised by Power FM, is back, says AllAfrica.com.
Happening at Kyadondo rugby grounds on December 14, the music fest is to be graced by more than 15 Ugandan artistes such as Wilson Bugembe, Maurice Kirya, Coopy Bly, Mac Elvis, Tamba, Myko Ouma and Exodus. Daddy Owen and Kris EhBaba from Kenya will also grace the concert.
“This year, we intend to take people on the gospel music journey in Uganda over the last 50 years and therefore, we are going as far back to get the first ever gospel recording group, the Calvary Cross choir,” Peter Kakuru, Power FM’s new station manager said.
Calvary Cross choir, led by Pastor Simeon Kayiwa, was very popular back in the day, introducing to Ugandans stories from the Bible – like the story of David and Goliath – told with amazing melody. Other gospel old timers set to make another splash at this year’s PhatFest include Limit X, Phiona Mukasa and First Love, among others.
Read more at AllAfrica.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here