*PhatFest, East Africa’s most celebrated gospel concert organised by Power FM, is back, says AllAfrica.com.
Happening at Kyadondo rugby grounds on December 14, the music fest is to be graced by more than 15 Ugandan artistes such as Wilson Bugembe, Maurice Kirya, Coopy Bly, Mac Elvis, Tamba, Myko Ouma and Exodus. Daddy Owen and Kris EhBaba from Kenya will also grace the concert.
“This year, we intend to take people on the gospel music journey in Uganda over the last 50 years and therefore, we are going as far back to get the first ever gospel recording group, the Calvary Cross choir,” Peter Kakuru, Power FM’s new station manager said.
Calvary Cross choir, led by Pastor Simeon Kayiwa, was very popular back in the day, introducing to Ugandans stories from the Bible – like the story of David and Goliath – told with amazing melody. Other gospel old timers set to make another splash at this year’s PhatFest include Limit X, Phiona Mukasa and First Love, among others.
Read more at AllAfrica.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Fans Blast Nicki Minaj's Narcissistic Reaction to Zendaya’s Barbie
- Kanye Performing at DNC Fundraiser, Kim Expecting Son on Christmas Day
- AARP: American Association of...'Real Possibilities???'
- Zoe Saldana Inks Deal to Create Digital Shows for Millennial Mothers
- This Landlord Will Only Rent To Tenants With Pit Bulls
- Warren Sapp Pleads Guilty to Domestic Violence, Avoids Jail
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in One Court, Then Leaves to Marry Girlfriend in Another
- Joseph Patterson Convicted in Death of Adrian Peterson's Son
- 'Family Feud': Sexually Provocative Q&As Have Viewers Alarmed (WATCH)
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here