But the move may have been a bit premature or the time slot is completely off.
According to reports, the show is looming over the trashcan as ratings aren’t reinforcing the good idea.
For some reason, the network could blame the viewers for not showing up if the show gets canceled. But let us remember the hour in which this progressive current issues show broadcasts.
The show’s failing ratings could also be that the expansion was too much too fast. Perhaps the half-hour was good enough, and the team executed that amount of time well.
In a piece called “Who’s to Blame for Sleeping on ‘Don’t Sleep!’? Not the Viewers,” Rahiel Tesfamariam of the Washington Post suggests “bite-sized doses until they being to yearn for its taste on their own.”
She also writes, “The threat of too much of a good thing becoming a bad thing” particularly holds for BET’s efforts to push forth socially conscious material to an audience whose palate has largely been cultivated for junk.
Basically, positive, thought-provoking content is like trying to get a druggie to go cold turkey. It doesn’t work. Rehab is a process, a slow one.
Read/learn more at The Washington Post.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here