*Get ready for a trip back to the Goodwill Church of God In Christ as the Rance Allen Group strolls down memory lane recalling their illustrious career.
Gospel greats such as Kirk Franklin, Dorinda Clark Cole and Keith “Wonder boy” Gibson are among those who share sentimental accounts of how they have been influenced by Rance Allen over the years.
The Rance Allen group hails from Monroe, Michigan and brothers Tom & Steve will be the first to admit that their modern spin on the gospel was not always welcomed by older saints. Their music did prove to be very engaging for young believers, who now had a more relative spiritual and musical experience. The end result is that The Rance Allen group is credited as being among the forefathers of contemporary gospel music.
Still, Rance Allen was immediately embraced by gospel legends like the late Rev. James Cleveland, and renown C. O. G. I. C. music director Mattie Moss Clark who requested Rance for her choir’s rendition of “Trust In Him.” Mattie not only brought innovations to gospel choral music, she knew talent when she heard it. She was right about her own daughters The Clark Sisters, and she was right about the great gift embodied by Rance Allen.
A recording career was inevitable and the Rance Allen Group has been signed by many labels including Stax, Capitol, The Gospel Truth, Bellmark and Fantasy Records. The group toured and enjoyed marginal hits, as well as award nominations along the way, but the call of ministry lay heavily upon Rance Allen. He took a music hiatus and immersed in the mentor-ship of the late G. E. Patterson. As is revealed in the documentary, Rance wanted a bonafide ministry and not just a church with a famous singer as pastor.
Now with Rance’s church New Bethel firmly established, and a ten year absence from the music business, Tyscot Music president Bryant Scott was finally successful in signing The Rance Allen Group to his label in 2001; after pursuing them for several years. Tyscot Music and The Rance Allen Group have enjoyed many milestones, all of which are told in the “Amazing Grace” 2 disc set which is available at Walmart and Amazon.
It’s a story of faith, family and the unique sensation of gospel music. The collector’s edition CD/DVD is perfect for a holiday gift, or entertainment for the whole family after a holiday meal. This will give fans that warm sense of connection that only happens when they break away from the mundane and share a moment with their families. For many, that occasion only happens during the holidays. This documentary is a must see! Click here for a chance to win Thanksgiving Dinner, paid for by The Rance Allen Group, Tyscot Music & Entertainment, and EURweb.com.
The Tyscot label was founded in 1976 by Bishop Leonard Scott and L. Craig Tyson. Tyscot Music & Entertainment is a family-run business with a focus on positive music, film and entertainment for the entire family. With a dynamic team and home to some of the world’s greatest talent, Tyscot is transforming the world and sharing the gospel.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kellita Smith Joins the Cast of 'In the Cut'
- FBI: No Evidence Orlando Gunman Omar Mateen Was Gay
- Vince Wilfork: 'Big Boned' NFL Lineman Brings the Sexy to ESPN's 'Body Issue' (PHOTOS)
- Tina Lawson Explains Why Beyonce Hated Her Wedding Dress
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Obama’s Favorites: Kendrick Lamar, Janelle Monae Set for July 4 Event at White House
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here