However, according to family friend, Jackson is OK and is resting in a Las Vegas hospital.
“He was doing well and says he’s feeling OK,” close family friend Brian Oxman told Reuters.
Oxman said the father of late pop icon Michael Jackson started experiencing weakness on Wednesday while walking in a park near his home and was later admitted to a hospital.
Oxman, Michael’s one-time attorney, said Jackson, 83, has a history of strokes.
“He was talking fine,” Oxman added. “He sounded excellent to me.”
A former U.S. Steel employee from Gary, Indiana, Joe Jackson managed and helped launched the career of his children with the R&B and soul group The Jackson 5 beginning in the 1960s.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here