However, according to family friend, Jackson is OK and is resting in a Las Vegas hospital.
“He was doing well and says he’s feeling OK,” close family friend Brian Oxman told Reuters.
Oxman said the father of late pop icon Michael Jackson started experiencing weakness on Wednesday while walking in a park near his home and was later admitted to a hospital.
Oxman, Michael’s one-time attorney, said Jackson, 83, has a history of strokes.
“He was talking fine,” Oxman added. “He sounded excellent to me.”
A former U.S. Steel employee from Gary, Indiana, Joe Jackson managed and helped launched the career of his children with the R&B and soul group The Jackson 5 beginning in the 1960s.
- Gilbert Arenas' Deadly Accuracy Gets Him Banned From County Fair
- Khloe Kardashian Denies Cocaine Use at Kylie's Graduation Party
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Funeral to be Held This Week; Family Source Says She Will Be Buried Near Her Mother Whitney Houston
- Derek Luke Slams Instagram Trolls, Defends Interracial Marriage
- Bill Cosby Story Triggers Hacker Attack on New York Magazine Website
- Sandra Bland Co-Inmate Certain Suicide is Cause of Death
- Anthony Davis Turned Down 'DWTS' Because, 'I Can't Dance'
- Dionne Warwick Says Bobbi Kristina, 'In Much Better Hands Now’
- Celebrities React to Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here