However, according to family friend, Jackson is OK and is resting in a Las Vegas hospital.
“He was doing well and says he’s feeling OK,” close family friend Brian Oxman told Reuters.
Oxman said the father of late pop icon Michael Jackson started experiencing weakness on Wednesday while walking in a park near his home and was later admitted to a hospital.
Oxman, Michael’s one-time attorney, said Jackson, 83, has a history of strokes.
“He was talking fine,” Oxman added. “He sounded excellent to me.”
A former U.S. Steel employee from Gary, Indiana, Joe Jackson managed and helped launched the career of his children with the R&B and soul group The Jackson 5 beginning in the 1960s.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Al Sharpton Rips Larry Wilmore’s ‘My N**ga’ Salute to Obama (Watch)
- Justin Lin in Talks to Direct Lebron James in 'Space Jam 2'
- New Daytime Talk Show ‘The Preachers’ to Get Summer Test Run (Video)
- Oprah Winfrey to Star in HBO Films' ‘Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks’
- Kerry Washington Pregnant With Second Child
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here