This modern day version of the prodigal son, tells the story of a single father and the two sons he is raising following the death of his wife some 10 years ago. The eldest son, Doug, is helping the father, Mr. Fuller, in the family business; while the younger son, Steve – who is supposed to be attending college to get his degree, has opted to become rebellious and live life to the fullest. With this agenda, he heads to New York; leaving behind everyone who loves him: his immediate family, and his long time girlfriend, Lisa, who loves him dearly and wants him to marry her one day. Now the story takes a twist as he pursues the good life.
The play stars Dwight Woody from “The Parkers.”
Over the years, writer, director and producer Doug Thomas has authored numerous plays: “Almost Midnight,” “Decisions,” “The Verdict,” and “After the Suicide,” which lead him to create his production company, NU Vision Productions. These works have been brought to life at venues such as The Salvation Army Auditorium, West Angeles Performing Arts Theater, Stage 52 and the Warner Grand Theater.Thomas, a singer who once formed his own group called, “All Spice,” has worked with various artists including Ronnie Laws; and has performed at venues such as The Hollywood Bowl and The Coconut Grove.
RESTORATION: The New Beginning will make its debut this Saturday, December 1, 7PM, at the West Angeles Performing Arts Theater, 3020 Crenshaw Blvd., Los Angeles, CA
For more information call: 562-508-8841
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here