*CBS News is reporting that the US ambassador to the United Nations, Susan Rice, has broken her silence about the controversial remarks she made back in September regarding the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya in which ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans were killed.
Rice defended her comments in which she said the Benghazi attacks did not appear pre-planned. She said that reflected the best intelligence at the time.
“I relied soley and squarely on the information provided to me by the intelligence community,” she said. “I made clear that the information was preliminary and that our investigations would give us the definitive answers.”
RELATED STORY: The GOP’s bizarre attack on Susan Rice
But intelligence officials told Congress last week they knew almost from the start that Benghazi was likely the work of terrorists, perhaps affiliated with al Qaeda.
In an appearance on “Face the Nation” five days after the attack, Rice gave no hint of that.
“We do not have information at present that leads us to conclude that this was pre-mediated or pre-planned,” Rice said at the time.
But Republican Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham aren’t buying it and have led the call for a special committee to investigate.
“I was on “Face the Nation” the morning she came on and told that incredible story and right after the president of the Libyan National Assembly said it was al Qaeda, and yet she never changed her story,” McCain said on “CBS This Morning” last week.
Read/learn more at CBS News.
Watch this CBS News report for more info including her response to Senator John McCain:
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here