*A club promoter has sued rappers Rick Ross, Waka Flocka Flame and Meek Mill over allegations they breached their contracts in relation to a March 2 concert in North Carolina.
Lawyers for SM Global Union filed suit in Harris County Court, Texas last month, accusing the trio of failing to stick to the allotted 60 minute performance time at the Bojangles Coliseum venue in Charlotte.
The documents suggest Ross was paid $90,000 to headline the set, but walked off stage after just 15 minutes. The rappers are also accused of failing to fully promote their appearances before the show.
The complaint reads, “In exchange for these promises, SMGU agreed to pay – and did pay – the sum of $90,000 to Rick Ross, $37,950 to Waka Flocka, and $26,500 to Meek Mill. Finally, although Waka Flocka and Meek Mill performed for most of the 60 minutes they agreed to perform, Rick Ross – the headline performer – abruptly walked off the stage after performing for only about 15 minutes.
“Those people who spent their hard-earned money to attend the concert were left with a lasting negative impression of the quality of events promoted by SMGU as a result of the defendants’ conduct.”
SM Global Union is seeking $226,000 in damages for fraud and breach of contract, as well as lost profits.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Film Strip: Katie Holmes Tackles Mental Illness in 'Touched by Fire’
- Trump Sticker Causes Heated Interaction Between St. John’s University Students
- Raven-Symoné Reacts to Getting Shoved Out of the Way For Kendall Jenner
- DC Black Entrepreneur Debuts Internship Matchmaker Service
- THE (02-12-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Public Invited to Watch Kendrick Lamar Receive Key to the City of Compton
- Why Are (White) People Suddenly Afraid of Beyonce's Black Pride?
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- For My Animal Loving Friends, Check Out This Unlikely Pair! (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here