*A club promoter has sued rappers Rick Ross, Waka Flocka Flame and Meek Mill over allegations they breached their contracts in relation to a March 2 concert in North Carolina.
Lawyers for SM Global Union filed suit in Harris County Court, Texas last month, accusing the trio of failing to stick to the allotted 60 minute performance time at the Bojangles Coliseum venue in Charlotte.
The documents suggest Ross was paid $90,000 to headline the set, but walked off stage after just 15 minutes. The rappers are also accused of failing to fully promote their appearances before the show.
The complaint reads, “In exchange for these promises, SMGU agreed to pay – and did pay – the sum of $90,000 to Rick Ross, $37,950 to Waka Flocka, and $26,500 to Meek Mill. Finally, although Waka Flocka and Meek Mill performed for most of the 60 minutes they agreed to perform, Rick Ross – the headline performer – abruptly walked off the stage after performing for only about 15 minutes.
“Those people who spent their hard-earned money to attend the concert were left with a lasting negative impression of the quality of events promoted by SMGU as a result of the defendants’ conduct.”
SM Global Union is seeking $226,000 in damages for fraud and breach of contract, as well as lost profits.
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice-T & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here