*Rihanna promised unprecedented access to some 200 reporters invited along on her seven-day, seven-country, seven-concert 777 tour. But according to the press pool on board, Rihanna hasn’t given them anything – and they are quite upset.
Reporters aboard the Boeing 777 whisking the singer off to such locations as Mexico City, Stockholm and London found themselves exhausted and ignored, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
“We were looking for a story, and we turned out to BE the story,” declared a correspondent for the Fuse TV music channel, observing: “Everyone is delirious to the point where we are chanting random things. One guy from Australia has streaked stark naked throughout the entire plane! Everyone is up with their cameras rolling waiting for a glimpse at Rihanna. We don’t know if it’s going to pay off, but we’re all ready!”
YouTube footage [scroll down to watch] shows the frustrated media pack chanting “JUST ONE QUOTE!” and “RiRi!” in unison. Journos also complained about the lack of sleep, red-eye flights and not-great food.
Rihanna had gone down the aisles pouring champagne for the press last week while en route from LA to Mexico City on day one of the tour…
But she’s been MIA ever since, prompting a quasi-rebellion in the wee hours of Monday morning during a flight from Berlin to London.
“A Def Jam publicist emerged from business class to mouth, ‘What the f–k is going on?,’ while one writer repeatedly screamed ‘Occupy 777!’ The fatigue of 200 people transformed and coalesced into semi-serious anger mixed with comical hyperbole,” wrote Fuse’s Jason Newman.
Meanwhile, Spin’s Julianne Escobedo Shepherd reported of the “cray”: “We’ve traveled through Paris and Berlin, and thanks to extensive delays, haven’t seen daylight in days. When we return, our eyes will have shrunken into tiny slots and we will forage on the ground for centipedes and other high-protein foods we can feel with our hands. We will also be chained to Rihanna like Michonne’s zombies.”
A post on the blog Pop Dust decried: “Some of us wondered if she was not the pop star we know and love but a super crabby, Rihanna-shaped ghost. We now only see her at the nightly shows. About those shows: they’ve ranged from starting ‘slightly late’ to ‘really, really, can’t-believe-these-Swedish-people-aren’t-rioting’ late. As a result, the tour schedule is seriously off, so we spend hours and hours in travel limbo.”
Rihanna’s tour, in support of her forthcoming “Unapologetic” album, ends Wednesday in New York.
Watch the Fuse footage below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- David Cash Reemerges as 'Justdavid'
- ‘Deadpool’ Off the Charts, ‘Single’ Suffers, and ‘Zoolander 2’ is Clueless
- Russell Simmons Announces All Def Movie Awards
- Aretha Franklin to Perform for First Time Ever in Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- Meryl Streep's 'We’re all African' Crazy Talk About Diversity
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Boot Campaign Honors Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Marie Walters
- Black History Month at ESPN: 'SportsCenter' at Hampton for Historic Lacrosse Match; ‘Rise Up’; ‘Spike Lee’s Lil Joints’; NBA's John Wall & Miyah
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here