All three were dining at West Village hotspot The Darby on Saturday, for Leonardo DiCaprio’s birthday. Jay-Z reportedly approached De Niro’s table to say hello, and the actor criticized the rapper for not returning his phone calls, deeming Jay “disrespectful.”
“Bob wasn’t in any mood to make polite conversation,” the source for the New York Post claimed, “he told Jay that if somebody calls you six times, you call them back. It doesn’t matter who you are, that is just rude.” Jay-Z reportedly tried to pass off the whole thing as a joke, claiming he’s terrible at returning phone calls, but De Niro was not amused.
The source of the heated discussion was a song that Jay had allegedly agreed to record for the Tribeca film festival, which the actor founded it in 2002 alongside Jane Rosenthal and Craig Hatkoff. Jay had apparently not followed through on his promise to record the song, and De Niro was pissed.
The Post source added that Jay’s wife, Beyonce, came over to smooth tension between the two men, “but that didn’t calm Bob down.” The source further claimed the incident “was the talk of the party.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Bill Cosby Accuser Drops Defamation Lawsuit, But Still 'In Solidarity' With Alleged Victims
- Trolls Trying to Insult Steph Curry's 3-Year-Old Daughter Mistakenly Tweet Grown Man (See His Response)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here