All three were dining at West Village hotspot The Darby on Saturday, for Leonardo DiCaprio’s birthday. Jay-Z reportedly approached De Niro’s table to say hello, and the actor criticized the rapper for not returning his phone calls, deeming Jay “disrespectful.”
“Bob wasn’t in any mood to make polite conversation,” the source for the New York Post claimed, “he told Jay that if somebody calls you six times, you call them back. It doesn’t matter who you are, that is just rude.” Jay-Z reportedly tried to pass off the whole thing as a joke, claiming he’s terrible at returning phone calls, but De Niro was not amused.
The source of the heated discussion was a song that Jay had allegedly agreed to record for the Tribeca film festival, which the actor founded it in 2002 alongside Jane Rosenthal and Craig Hatkoff. Jay had apparently not followed through on his promise to record the song, and De Niro was pissed.
The Post source added that Jay’s wife, Beyonce, came over to smooth tension between the two men, “but that didn’t calm Bob down.” The source further claimed the incident “was the talk of the party.”
- Sad: William ‘Refrigerator’ Perry Auctioning Off Super Bowl Ring
- 'Basketball Wives' Star Tami Roman Suffers Miscarriage
- Bobbi Kristina’s Brother Comes Down on 'Morbid' Twitter Followers
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Tons of Laughs with Vacation; Stars Ed Helms and Christina Applegate as the Griswolds
- James Arawole Launches Crowdfunding Campaign for Young Adult Novel on Struggles of Black Teens Living with Type-1 Diabetes
- With Iran Deal in Trouble, White House Reaching Out to Liberals for Support
- Atlanta Group MAKO Girls' Prep for Summer Promo Tour
- THE (07-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here