All three were dining at West Village hotspot The Darby on Saturday, for Leonardo DiCaprio’s birthday. Jay-Z reportedly approached De Niro’s table to say hello, and the actor criticized the rapper for not returning his phone calls, deeming Jay “disrespectful.”
“Bob wasn’t in any mood to make polite conversation,” the source for the New York Post claimed, “he told Jay that if somebody calls you six times, you call them back. It doesn’t matter who you are, that is just rude.” Jay-Z reportedly tried to pass off the whole thing as a joke, claiming he’s terrible at returning phone calls, but De Niro was not amused.
The source of the heated discussion was a song that Jay had allegedly agreed to record for the Tribeca film festival, which the actor founded it in 2002 alongside Jane Rosenthal and Craig Hatkoff. Jay had apparently not followed through on his promise to record the song, and De Niro was pissed.
The Post source added that Jay’s wife, Beyonce, came over to smooth tension between the two men, “but that didn’t calm Bob down.” The source further claimed the incident “was the talk of the party.”
- Malia Obama Joins HBO's ‘Girls’ with Summer Internship
- New Top Rank Lawsuit Brings Monopoly Claims Against Al Haymon
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here