*“Good Morning America’s” co-host Robin Roberts, who is recovering after undergoing a bone marrow transplant, is using her platform to encourage America to help Hurricane Sandy victims. ABC is hosting a “Day of Giving” event to help in the recovery efforts for victims on the East Coast.
“It was so difficult for me to follow doctor’s orders and stay here at home last week,” says Roberts, who is battling a rare blood disorder in the short message. “Like so many, I felt helpless watching all those people, all those families, impacted by Sandy.”
The hurricane was reminiscent of her experience in 2005, visiting her home state Mississippi.
“The coastline [was] unrecognizable. Family members were displaced for months. It took over a year for us to get back in the family home. Please give whatever you can; any amount is greatly appreciated. If you can’t make a donation, please consider giving in other ways – your time, volunteering, taking a moment to say a prayer, sending positive energy, positive thoughts to all those that have been affected by Sandy.”
Others have also taken up the charge, including Dwayne Wade who donated $210K.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here