*“Good Morning America’s” co-host Robin Roberts, who is recovering after undergoing a bone marrow transplant, is using her platform to encourage America to help Hurricane Sandy victims. ABC is hosting a “Day of Giving” event to help in the recovery efforts for victims on the East Coast.
“It was so difficult for me to follow doctor’s orders and stay here at home last week,” says Roberts, who is battling a rare blood disorder in the short message. “Like so many, I felt helpless watching all those people, all those families, impacted by Sandy.”
The hurricane was reminiscent of her experience in 2005, visiting her home state Mississippi.
“The coastline [was] unrecognizable. Family members were displaced for months. It took over a year for us to get back in the family home. Please give whatever you can; any amount is greatly appreciated. If you can’t make a donation, please consider giving in other ways – your time, volunteering, taking a moment to say a prayer, sending positive energy, positive thoughts to all those that have been affected by Sandy.”
Others have also taken up the charge, including Dwayne Wade who donated $210K.
- THE (08-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Usain Bolt Mowed Down by Segway (WATCH)
- Debbie Allen Dance Academy Offers scholarship to an ‘Uplifting Minds II’ Talent on Saturday October 24
- Let's Get Direct! Fail to Win!
- Kevin Craig West’s Starring Role in 'Twilight The StoryTellers -The Groundskeeper' Reaches 3 Million + Facebook Views
- Street Leading to Sandra Bland's Alma Mater Renamed in Her Honor
- Burger King Proposes to McDonalds ... in the Name of Peace
- Had Your Fill Yet?
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts - Black Stars of the Great White Way (Part I)
- Russell Wilson Says God Has Anointed Him and Ciara
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here