*“Good Morning America’s” co-host Robin Roberts, who is recovering after undergoing a bone marrow transplant, is using her platform to encourage America to help Hurricane Sandy victims. ABC is hosting a “Day of Giving” event to help in the recovery efforts for victims on the East Coast.
“It was so difficult for me to follow doctor’s orders and stay here at home last week,” says Roberts, who is battling a rare blood disorder in the short message. “Like so many, I felt helpless watching all those people, all those families, impacted by Sandy.”
The hurricane was reminiscent of her experience in 2005, visiting her home state Mississippi.
“The coastline [was] unrecognizable. Family members were displaced for months. It took over a year for us to get back in the family home. Please give whatever you can; any amount is greatly appreciated. If you can’t make a donation, please consider giving in other ways – your time, volunteering, taking a moment to say a prayer, sending positive energy, positive thoughts to all those that have been affected by Sandy.”
Others have also taken up the charge, including Dwayne Wade who donated $210K.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Pink Recalls the Time Prince Rejected Her Duet Request: 'I Told Him He Was a Rude F**k'
- New Trailer: Barack and Michelle's First Date in ‘Southside With You’
- Usher’s Snapchat Fail Results in Inadvertent D*** Pic
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Baltimore's Fox45 News Station Evacuated after Bomb Threat
- Tracy Morgan Says Prince Music 'Taught Me How to Be Gentle'
- Viola Davis Inks Production Deal with ABC Studios
- Whitney Houston Doc From Kevin Macdonald Gets Estate’s Blessing
- National Enquirer Claims Prince Had AIDS and Was ‘Preparing to Die’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here