*“Good Morning America’s” co-host Robin Roberts, who is recovering after undergoing a bone marrow transplant, is using her platform to encourage America to help Hurricane Sandy victims. ABC is hosting a “Day of Giving” event to help in the recovery efforts for victims on the East Coast.
“It was so difficult for me to follow doctor’s orders and stay here at home last week,” says Roberts, who is battling a rare blood disorder in the short message. “Like so many, I felt helpless watching all those people, all those families, impacted by Sandy.”
The hurricane was reminiscent of her experience in 2005, visiting her home state Mississippi.
“The coastline [was] unrecognizable. Family members were displaced for months. It took over a year for us to get back in the family home. Please give whatever you can; any amount is greatly appreciated. If you can’t make a donation, please consider giving in other ways – your time, volunteering, taking a moment to say a prayer, sending positive energy, positive thoughts to all those that have been affected by Sandy.”
Others have also taken up the charge, including Dwayne Wade who donated $210K.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Chicago Cop Fatally Shoots Teen, Then Sues His Family
- Jay Z's Tidal Selects #BlackLivesMatter for $1.5M Donation
- EUR Exclusive 'Hit the Floor Clip: Funny/Sexy Tension in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- New 'Ghostbusters' Character Images Revealed
- Kerry Washington Talks Pressures Black Women Face
- Cam Newton Stars in New Beats by Dre Ad Featuring Future (WATCH)
- Bronx is Latest Location for NYC 'Subway Slasher' (Lone Suspect is Red Haired Brotha')
- L.A. Reid Confesses to Wendy He Failed Whitney Houston (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here