*“Good Morning America’s” co-host Robin Roberts, who is recovering after undergoing a bone marrow transplant, is using her platform to encourage America to help Hurricane Sandy victims. ABC is hosting a “Day of Giving” event to help in the recovery efforts for victims on the East Coast.
“It was so difficult for me to follow doctor’s orders and stay here at home last week,” says Roberts, who is battling a rare blood disorder in the short message. “Like so many, I felt helpless watching all those people, all those families, impacted by Sandy.”
The hurricane was reminiscent of her experience in 2005, visiting her home state Mississippi.
“The coastline [was] unrecognizable. Family members were displaced for months. It took over a year for us to get back in the family home. Please give whatever you can; any amount is greatly appreciated. If you can’t make a donation, please consider giving in other ways – your time, volunteering, taking a moment to say a prayer, sending positive energy, positive thoughts to all those that have been affected by Sandy.”
Others have also taken up the charge, including Dwayne Wade who donated $210K.
- $2 Million Lawsuit Filed Against Former NBA Player Tyrone Hill
- Chicago’s Tragic, Unending 4th of July Gun Violence Ritual Continues
- The Socialist's Journal: The Peril of Being Hillary Clinton
- Gunshots Damage 3 Luxury Cars At Studio Connected with Rick Ross
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here