*Shyne, the black rapper turned Jewish and lover of Israel, spoke to Hip Hop Wired about the Palestinian/Israeli conflict that’s currently on hold because of a cease fire agreement.
As an Israeli citizen, Shyne weighed in on the conflict saying he’s praying for both countries.
“That’s a very complicated situation – obviously my prayers and my thoughts [go to] everybody involved, not just the Israelites,” he said. “I’m impartial when it comes to justice, when it comes to human rights. I’m moderate. We have to be pragmatic, and the pragmatism is if Hamas – who, according to the United State of America, is a terrorist organization – if they’re shooting rockets into Israeli territory, how you gon’ deal with that?…Israel has always been occupied. Before 1948 it was the British that were occupying Israel, before that it was Jordan, before that it was the Turks, before that it was the Mamluks [sic]…it was already somebody occupying Israel [but] when the U.N. decided to divide Israel, everything got complicated.”
He wrapped up the conversation, saying the sanswer is two states.
“The solution is two states, the solution is West Bank and Gaza, and wherever else, going to the Palestinians and letting them have their state and their sovereignty, and hopefully they can prosper…I think it’s in the Palestinians best interest to elect leaders that want peace and [will] work hard to get a two-state solution, and as well as on the Israeli side. It’s in the Israelis’ interest to make sure that their leaders are wholeheartedly negotiating to bring about a Palestinian state, not a terrorist state.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- F. Gary Gray in Talks to Direct ‘Fast and Furious 8’
- Wendy Williams Wants Terrence Howard Off 'Empire'; He Responds
- EUR On the Scene: The 18th Annual First Ladies High Tea (WATCH)
- Iyanla Vanzant Gets Real as Woman Confronts Gay Pastor Husband
- Memo to Publisher McGraw-Hill: 'Slaves' Were Not 'Workers' (Watch)
- Tupac Planned to Kill ‘Thug Life’ Via 'Thug Life is Dead' Letter
- Steven Ivory: Lunch, with a Side of Humility
- Janet Jackson Reschedules Vegas Shows Supposedly to Rest Voice
- Jeremiah Wright is Still Hatin' on President Obama
- The Socialist's Journal: Quarterly Quick Hits Part 3
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here