*Shyne, the black rapper turned Jewish and lover of Israel, spoke to Hip Hop Wired about the Palestinian/Israeli conflict that’s currently on hold because of a cease fire agreement.
As an Israeli citizen, Shyne weighed in on the conflict saying he’s praying for both countries.
“That’s a very complicated situation – obviously my prayers and my thoughts [go to] everybody involved, not just the Israelites,” he said. “I’m impartial when it comes to justice, when it comes to human rights. I’m moderate. We have to be pragmatic, and the pragmatism is if Hamas – who, according to the United State of America, is a terrorist organization – if they’re shooting rockets into Israeli territory, how you gon’ deal with that?…Israel has always been occupied. Before 1948 it was the British that were occupying Israel, before that it was Jordan, before that it was the Turks, before that it was the Mamluks [sic]…it was already somebody occupying Israel [but] when the U.N. decided to divide Israel, everything got complicated.”
He wrapped up the conversation, saying the sanswer is two states.
“The solution is two states, the solution is West Bank and Gaza, and wherever else, going to the Palestinians and letting them have their state and their sovereignty, and hopefully they can prosper…I think it’s in the Palestinians best interest to elect leaders that want peace and [will] work hard to get a two-state solution, and as well as on the Israeli side. It’s in the Israelis’ interest to make sure that their leaders are wholeheartedly negotiating to bring about a Palestinian state, not a terrorist state.”
- Michel'le Back with New Single: 'It's Nothing' (LISTEN)
- ‘Welcome to Death Row’ Shopped as a Sequel to ‘Straight Outta Compton’
- EUR Chats with 'The Perfect Guy' Cast: Lathan, Ealy & Chestnut (WATCH)
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Season 3 to Feature Loretta Devine and Jill Scott (WATCH)
- Teen About to Start College, Accidentally Kills Himself Taking Selfie (Watch)
- Serena Highlighted with Inspirational Commercial and Mural (WATCH)
- Trump Casino Worker: Blacks Hidden When the Donald Visited
- Fox News' Megyn Kelly Goes in on #BlackLivesMatter Supporter (WATCH)
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- The Great American Phone Lease...
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here