*R&B singer Billy Scott, famous for such hits as “I Got The Fever,” “California” and ‘Seaside Love,” has died after a battle with pancreatic and liver cancer. He was 70.
Born Peter Pendelton, the singer passed away on Saturday (Nov. 17) at his home in Charlotte, North Carolina.
He first developed his love for music while enrolled in the Army, and once he was discharged, he began recording with his wife Barbara under the moniker The Prophets.
Scott also served as Chairman of the Beach Music Association International and was inducted into the North Carolina Music Hall of Fame in 1999.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here