*R&B singer Billy Scott, famous for such hits as “I Got The Fever,” “California” and ‘Seaside Love,” has died after a battle with pancreatic and liver cancer. He was 70.
Born Peter Pendelton, the singer passed away on Saturday (Nov. 17) at his home in Charlotte, North Carolina.
He first developed his love for music while enrolled in the Army, and once he was discharged, he began recording with his wife Barbara under the moniker The Prophets.
Scott also served as Chairman of the Beach Music Association International and was inducted into the North Carolina Music Hall of Fame in 1999.
- Donovan McNabb Arrested on Suspicion of DUI - Again
- Serena Advances at Wimbledon with Win Against Victoria Azarenka
- Women Traveling Solo: Wear a Fake Wedding Ring (and Other Tips!)
- Paula Deen Tweets Photo of Son in Brownface
- ‘The Real’s’ Jeannie Mai, ESPN, PGA Latest to Dump Trump
- Judge Refuses to Dismiss Suge Knight's Murder Case
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Stripped of WBO Title Over Nonpayment of Fee
- Whoopi: Bill Cosby is ‘Still Innocent Until Proven Guilty’; Raven-Symone Needs More Proof
- Bill Cosby Accusers Feel Vindicated with Newly Released Confession
- ‘Married To Medicine’s’ Quad & Lisa Nicole Cloud Cat Fightin' (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here