*R&B singer Billy Scott, famous for such hits as “I Got The Fever,” “California” and ‘Seaside Love,” has died after a battle with pancreatic and liver cancer. He was 70.
Born Peter Pendelton, the singer passed away on Saturday (Nov. 17) at his home in Charlotte, North Carolina.
He first developed his love for music while enrolled in the Army, and once he was discharged, he began recording with his wife Barbara under the moniker The Prophets.
Scott also served as Chairman of the Beach Music Association International and was inducted into the North Carolina Music Hall of Fame in 1999.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here