*R&B singer Billy Scott, famous for such hits as “I Got The Fever,” “California” and ‘Seaside Love,” has died after a battle with pancreatic and liver cancer. He was 70.
Born Peter Pendelton, the singer passed away on Saturday (Nov. 17) at his home in Charlotte, North Carolina.
He first developed his love for music while enrolled in the Army, and once he was discharged, he began recording with his wife Barbara under the moniker The Prophets.
Scott also served as Chairman of the Beach Music Association International and was inducted into the North Carolina Music Hall of Fame in 1999.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ben Carson Judges Ore. Shooting Victims: ‘I Wouldn’t Just Stand There and Let Him Shoot Me’
- After 3 Years, Stevie Wonder’s Divorce from Kai Millard Finalized
- Rosie O’Donnell’s Daughter: Mom Left ‘The View’ Over Rift with Whoopi
- 'Black-ish' Ep. 3, 'Dr. Hell No' Highlights Healthcare Fear Among Black Men
- Beyonce, Jay Z Renting $45 Million Mansion, Suing Clothing Retailer
- EUR Goes Behind the Scenes of 'Law & Order: SVU' (Watch)
- Stephon Marbury Blasts MJ for ‘Kids Getting Killed’ Over Air Jordans
- Toddler Chokes to Death After Mother Dies While Feeding Him (Video)
- Damon Dash & Curren$y End $3M Legal Battle with Settlement
- Michael Moore on Hollywood’s Lack of Diversity: ‘A Form of Apartheid’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here