*A St. Louis sports-talk radio host’s show has been dropped after he said on air that many blacks voted for President Barack Obama because of his race.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that veteran host Kevin Slaten is out at the sports-talk station KFNS. He wasn’t a direct employee because his arrangement had him selling his own advertising as an independent contractor. Thus, he wasn’t technically fired — his show was canceled.
Slaten said during his Thursday broadcast that the fact that 93 percent of blacks voted for Obama suggested they were bigoted in their voting.
Station general manager Katy Pavelonis confirmed the show’s cancellation Monday.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here