On Tuesday, the Pittsburgh Steelers announced they signed the 35-year-old wide receiver to provide depth at a position decimated by injuries.
Antonio Brown has missed the last two games with a sprained ankle and Jerricho Cotchery fractured his ribs late in Sunday night’s 13-10 loss to the Baltimore Ravens.
Football fans are probably aware that Burress spent his first five seasons in the NFL with the Steelers, who selected him with the eighth overall pick in the 2000 NFL draft. He played for the New York Jets last year, catching 45 passes for 612 yards and tying for the team lead with eight touchdown receptions. He missed the 2009 and 2010 seasons while serving a 20-month prison sentence stemming from a gun charge.
According to the AP, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Burress looked “good” during a brief workout Tuesday morning.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here