*Later today in Chicago, Steve Harvey – comedian, best-selling author, top radio personality and TV host of “Steve Harvey” and “Family Feud” – kicks off a packed weekend on the campus of Chicago State University.
The Steve and Marjorie Harvey Foundation’s Steve Harvey Mentoring Weekend for Young Men for 100 Chicago-area teenagers age 13-18, the Steve Harvey Mentoring Campaign, and Steve and Marjorie Harvey’s Big Turkey Give will be going down, according to a press release from the radio/TV host.
The Steve and Marjorie Harvey Foundation’s Steve Harvey Mentoring Weekend for Young Men is a dynamic program created by Harvey to uplift and provide guidance to young men who are without fathers in their lives, which has impacted over 800 young men around the country since the program’s inception. Empowering them with the principles of manhood and dream building, Harvey and other special guests share inspiration, insight and important tools to address overcoming challenges, education, leadership, success and more during an unforgettable 3-day weekend experience, along with separate parent workshops.
Saturday, November 17 also brings two more events with the kick-off of the Foundation’s Steve Harvey Mentoring Campaign, an initiative recruiting men to sign up to become a mentor, and Steve and Marjorie Harvey’s Big Turkey Give, with a personal giveaway in Chicago of 1,000 turkeys to selected groups and organizations to share with families in need.
Harvey comes together with special guests and programs including former NFL pro and entrepreneur Napoleon Harris, Urban Prep’s Tim King, prosecutor Kathleen Bankhead, Army Command Sergeant Major Roger Howard, Chicago State University President Dr. Wayne Watson, and other leaders who inspire youth in various industries, the You Can Be Me, Manhood 101, Manage Your Life Parent Program, and more at the Steve Harvey Mentoring Weekend for Young Men program.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mental Health Therapist Teaches Victims to Forgive
- THE (05-04-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Now That Beyonce is Done Eating from the White Man’s Hand, She’s Finally Ready to Be A Negro (How Convenient)
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here