*Steven Tyler is defending himself against claims of racism from Nicki Minaj, who leveled the charge at the rocker after he dismissed her ability to properly judge a singer like Bob Dylan had the folk icon auditioned for “American Idol.”
“I apologize if it was taken wrong, Nicki, but I am the farthest from [being a racist],” he tells the Canadian show eTalk, according to E! News. “I am the last thing on this planet as far as being a racist. I don’t know where she got that out of me saying I’m not sure how she would’ve judged Bob Dylan.”
He adds, “Maybe I spoke out of turn, but a racist I’m not, Nicki.”
As previously reported, Minaj took to Twitter to vent over Tyler’s claim that, if she’d had to judge Bob Dylan on “Idol,” she would have “had him sent to the cornfield.”
“Steven Tyler said I would have sent Bob Dylan to a cornfield??? Steven, you haven’t seen me judge one single solitary contestant yet!” Minaj tweeted, continuing: “I understand you really wanted to keep your job but take that up with the producers. I haven’t done anything to you. That’s a racist comment”
She continued, “You assume that I wouldn’t have liked Bob Dylan??? why? black? rapper? what? go f*** yourself and worry about yourself babe.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here