*Steven Tyler is defending himself against claims of racism from Nicki Minaj, who leveled the charge at the rocker after he dismissed her ability to properly judge a singer like Bob Dylan had the folk icon auditioned for “American Idol.”
“I apologize if it was taken wrong, Nicki, but I am the farthest from [being a racist],” he tells the Canadian show eTalk, according to E! News. “I am the last thing on this planet as far as being a racist. I don’t know where she got that out of me saying I’m not sure how she would’ve judged Bob Dylan.”
He adds, “Maybe I spoke out of turn, but a racist I’m not, Nicki.”
As previously reported, Minaj took to Twitter to vent over Tyler’s claim that, if she’d had to judge Bob Dylan on “Idol,” she would have “had him sent to the cornfield.”
“Steven Tyler said I would have sent Bob Dylan to a cornfield??? Steven, you haven’t seen me judge one single solitary contestant yet!” Minaj tweeted, continuing: “I understand you really wanted to keep your job but take that up with the producers. I haven’t done anything to you. That’s a racist comment”
She continued, “You assume that I wouldn’t have liked Bob Dylan??? why? black? rapper? what? go f*** yourself and worry about yourself babe.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Warren Sapp Pleads Guilty to Domestic Violence, Avoids Jail
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in One Court, Then Leaves to Marry Girlfriend in Another
- Joseph Patterson Convicted in Death of Adrian Peterson's Son
- 'Family Feud': Sexually Provocative Q&As Have Viewers Alarmed (WATCH)
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Jerrod Carmichael: New Onyx Phone Makes Filming Police Brutality Easy (WATCH)
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here