*Tragedy struck in a Connecticut high school just before Thanksgiving and the community is still in shock.
If more of our children were good swimmers, more of them would survive water-related deaths.
In Manchester City High School last Wednesday, Ghanian-born, 14-year-old Malvrick Donkor stepped into the deep end of the school’s pool during class and no one was the wiser, according to an anonymous source to the Hartford Courant.
It wasn’t until the end of class, 17 minutes later, that a student alerted the swimming teacher Thayer Redman, that someone was under water.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Legend Records First-Ever Holiday Duet With the Stars [Listen]
- Porsha Williams, Cynthia Bailey 'RHOA' Fight, Time to Retire B-word?
- Vivica A. Fox Wants an 'Empire' Spinoff Based on Candace
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here