*Tragedy struck in a Connecticut high school just before Thanksgiving and the community is still in shock.
If more of our children were good swimmers, more of them would survive water-related deaths.
In Manchester City High School last Wednesday, Ghanian-born, 14-year-old Malvrick Donkor stepped into the deep end of the school’s pool during class and no one was the wiser, according to an anonymous source to the Hartford Courant.
It wasn’t until the end of class, 17 minutes later, that a student alerted the swimming teacher Thayer Redman, that someone was under water.
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here