*Tragedy struck in a Connecticut high school just before Thanksgiving and the community is still in shock.
If more of our children were good swimmers, more of them would survive water-related deaths.
In Manchester City High School last Wednesday, Ghanian-born, 14-year-old Malvrick Donkor stepped into the deep end of the school’s pool during class and no one was the wiser, according to an anonymous source to the Hartford Courant.
It wasn’t until the end of class, 17 minutes later, that a student alerted the swimming teacher Thayer Redman, that someone was under water.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Lifetime to Air Uzo Aduba, Cicely Tyson Film ‘Showing Roots’ on Sat, May 26 (Trailer)
- ‘Empire’ Finishes No 1 in Black Households, Social Media and Other Key Demos
- Therez Fleetwood's 'Men and Intimacy: Real Talk... Real Answers' Reveals Answers to What Men Want
- First Look: Rihanna’s New Line of Star Trek-Inspired Dior Sunglasses
- Opinion: How Democratic Superdelegates decided the 2016 Election
- Prince’s Fam Requests Revolution Start Reunion Tour AFTER August Memorial Event
- Judge Favors Chris Brown in Baby Mama’s Attempt to Restrict Custody
- Derek Fisher, Ex-Wife Agree to Destroy Their Frozen Embryos in Divorce Settlement
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here