*Tragedy struck in a Connecticut high school just before Thanksgiving and the community is still in shock.
If more of our children were good swimmers, more of them would survive water-related deaths.
In Manchester City High School last Wednesday, Ghanian-born, 14-year-old Malvrick Donkor stepped into the deep end of the school’s pool during class and no one was the wiser, according to an anonymous source to the Hartford Courant.
It wasn’t until the end of class, 17 minutes later, that a student alerted the swimming teacher Thayer Redman, that someone was under water.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- New, Longer Trailer for HBO’s ‘Confirmation’ (Watch)
- Dr. Dre Starring in Apple’s First Scripted Television Series
- Cosby Rape Claims Prompt Colorado Bill to Extend Statute of Limitations
- Tax Man After Lil Wayne for $868,000
- How #BlackLivesMatter Snuck Mario Woods Protest Into Super Bowl (Watch)
- K. Michelle: Ex Lance Stephenson’s Rant Against Her Was From Hacker
- Derek Fisher Vacations with Matt Barnes Ex Gloria Govan After Knicks Boot
- Kanye West Claims Taylor Swift Gave ‘B*tch’ Lyric Her Blessing
- Nick Cannon and Stevie J Deny Acrimony During ‘Wild ‘N Out’ Taping
- $188 Million Powerball Winner, Marie Holmes, Allegedly Being Sued by Local Pastor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here