*Tragedy struck in a Connecticut high school just before Thanksgiving and the community is still in shock.
If more of our children were good swimmers, more of them would survive water-related deaths.
In Manchester City High School last Wednesday, Ghanian-born, 14-year-old Malvrick Donkor stepped into the deep end of the school’s pool during class and no one was the wiser, according to an anonymous source to the Hartford Courant.
It wasn’t until the end of class, 17 minutes later, that a student alerted the swimming teacher Thayer Redman, that someone was under water.
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Hulk Hogan Says He Was Suicidal Over N-Word Scandal: ‘I'm Not A Racist’ (Watch)
- Producers of Katrina Relief Telethon Reflect on 'Kanye Moment' for 10th Anniversary
- Allergic to Clothes: Indian Farmer Has Been Naked for 40 Years!
- Pres. Obama to Appear on NBC’s ‘Running Wild With Bear Grylls’…For Real
- John Legend Taking His Talents to ‘The SpongeBob Musical’
- ‘Back to This B**ch’: Why Nicki Minaj Checked Miley Cyrus on Live TV
- Black Twitter Drags Rebel Wilson Over VMA ‘Stripper Police’ Bit
- Nile Rodgers Gets BMI Icon Award - EUR was on the Scene (WATCH)
- New Comic 'Raising Dion': Single, Black Mother with Superhuman Son
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here