*UN Ambassador Susan Rice will visit Capitol Hill this week to face individual members of Congress regarding the Benghazi attacks, reports ABC News. She’ll defend her actions in the wake of the incident to many Senators who have opposed her possible nomination to be the next Secretary of State.
She’s scheduled to meet this morning with Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., who, though he has backed off recently, has been perhaps most vocal in saying he would oppose Rice if nominated by President Obama to succeed Hillary Clinton.
McCain had said in the past he’d be willing to filibuster Rice’s nomination and do “whatever is necessary to block the nomination” of Rice if it came to that because of how she handled the aftermath of the Libya attack. This weekend McCain notably backed off on his threat, saying he’d “give everyone the benefit of explaining their position and the actions that they took.”
Rice will also meet with Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H., who has also been critical of the administration’s handling of the immediate fallout the Benghazi attack.
Aides on Capitol Hill say that Rice is expected to meet with many other members of Congress this week.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Reacts to ‘The Real’ Firing on Next ‘Braxton Family Values’ (Teaser)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here