*When it comes to UN Ambassador Susan Rice – Republican Senators John McCain, Lindsey Graham and Kelly Ayote – are in full scale a-hole mode.
Rice, a potential Secretary of State nominee for President Obama, met with the senators on Tuesday. Unfortunately, she may as well have stayed home because when it was all over, the 3 politicos said they liked her even less.
Republican lawmakers said Tuesday their meeting with Susan Rice, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, and the acting CIA director left them with more unanswered questions about her remarks following the September 11, 2012 attack on a U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, that left four Americans dead.
Speaking to reporters after the morning meeting, Sen. John McCain said he and fellow Republicans Sen. Kelly Ayotte and Lindsey Graham were “significantly troubled” by many of the answers they received from Rice, who asked for the meeting with the three senators after they issued sharp criticism of her response to the Benghazi attack.
“It was clear that the information that she gave the American people was incorrect when she said that it was a spontaneous demonstration triggered by a hateful video,” McCain said. “There was compelling evidence at the time that was certainly not the case, including statements by Libyans as well as other Americans who are fully aware that people don’t bring mortars and rocket propelled grenades to a spontaneous demonstration.”
Graham, speaking after McCain, said he was “more disturbed now than I was before that 16 September explanation about how four Americans died in Benghazi, Libya, by Ambassador Rice.”
Read/learn more at CNN.
Watch this video report from CNN:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Family of Autistic Teen Mocked by 50 Cent Wants $1 Million (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o, Danielle Brooks, Cynthia Erivo Lock Down Tony Nominations
- Amber Rose to Host Weekly VH1 Talk Show Produced by Dr. Phil
- Tupac Shakur's Mother Afeni Shakur-Davis Dies at 69
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here