Critics, however, doubted the show would be of this world too much longer. But network president Stephen Hill says it’s become a fan favorite.
“You can check your Twitter #BETDontSleep,” Hill told AlwaysAList.com. “The number of people who have asked for this show to be one hour is incredible. That is absolutely for real. Because of other commitments, we couldn’t do an hour nightly. We also weren’t getting as deep into issues as we wanted to in a half of an hour. If it was going to be canceled, the show would have just been canceled. What we really want to do is make a great weekly show that digs a bit deeper and respects our audience’s intelligence by getting into subjects with real meaning in a meaningful way. Having an hour weekly is the way we’re hoping to get that done.”
So no cancellation threats here.
Check out the full interview at AlwaysZList.com
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here