That’s the situation rapper Nas finds himself in after being targeted by the state of Georgia’s for back taxes
The Georgia Department of Revenue (GDR) has filed new legal docs in their effort to collect $1,083,435 from the rapper for taxes it claims Nas owes for the years 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010.
According to court documents, the GDR obtained an order commanding Live Nation — the promo company behind Nas’ tour with Lauryn Hill — to garnish his wages until the debt is satisfied.
The tour is currently underway, and Nas– who’s also on the hook for millions in unpaid taxes to the federal government — is sure to make a boatload of money.
A rep for Nas tells TMZ the matter has recently been settled, but the GDR insists the case is still open and they’re trying to collect.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Blake Shelton Curses Out Beyonce’s Country Haters (Watch)
- Report: Janet Jackson Pregnant With First Child at Nearly 50
- Radio Stations Nationwide to Simulcast Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ on Wed
- Woman Stabs Boyfriend For Not Getting Her a Valentine’s Gift (Video)
- Attorney for Prince's Addiction Specialist Explains Pills Found in His Medical Bag (Watch)
- The 15th Annual East Coast Black Age of Comics Convention in Philly
- Cynthia Bailey, Stacey Dash Cast in Syfy’s ‘Sharknado: The 4th Awakens’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here