*Finishing off a 45 minute set last weekend at the 18th Annual Intercontinental Miami Make-A-Wish Foundation Ball, singer Melanie Amaro sang Whitney Houston‘s classic song I Have Nothing to tribute the late singer.
The X Factor season one winner spoke with celebrity interview journalist and EURweb contributor Chris Yandek of CYInterview.com before her performance as the main entertainment that evening on the red carpet.
Melanie’s album is slated for a release next month. She told Chris how her life has changed since winning the talent competition:
“Now you know I get noticed a whole lot and there’s a lot more going on in my life right now. I get to do what I love every day. So it’s definitely been a big change for me for the best.”
Winning The X Factor opened up new doors for Ms. Amaro as she was able to work with Elton John on a Pepsi commercial earlier this year. She never imagined in a million years she would work with Sir Elton:
“I never would have imagined doing a commercial with him. He is definitely someone that I think is humongous in my book. I mean he sold millions of albums. So I definitely feel like I can learn a lot from him and I did. I took a lot, you know, from him while shooting the commercial.”
You can find more of the interview with Melanie Amaro at Chris Yandek’s CYInterview.
You can find out more about the Make-A-Wish Foundation in Southern Florida chapter at http://sfla.wish.org/
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- 'Ed Gordon': Bounce TV's First-Ever Primetime News Magazine Show to Debut Sept. 13
- Songs in the Key of Stevie Wonder and Imhotep Gary Byrd: Celebrating 50 Years of Friendship (EUR Exclusive)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here