Robert Gearty, now 29, says he was 16 in 2000 when he and Clash engaged in “some sexual activity,” reports the New York Daily News.
The accuser’s lawyer, Jeff Herman, said that in initial conversations on a gay chat line, Clash told his client that he was 30, though when they met at the apartment of Clash, who called himself “Craig,” the accuser realized the now 52-year-old Clash appeared to be older. Per Herman, Gearty, who interacted with Clash again in 2003 and 2004, recognized Clash’s celebrity when he saw “Elmo dolls, an Emmy award and photographs of Elmo with movie stars.” Herman said his client started writing a book about the experience in 2009.
Herman is also representing Cecil Singleton, the second accuser to step forth, who claims that Clash frequented gay telephone chat rooms to meet underage men.
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here