Robert Gearty, now 29, says he was 16 in 2000 when he and Clash engaged in “some sexual activity,” reports the New York Daily News.
The accuser’s lawyer, Jeff Herman, said that in initial conversations on a gay chat line, Clash told his client that he was 30, though when they met at the apartment of Clash, who called himself “Craig,” the accuser realized the now 52-year-old Clash appeared to be older. Per Herman, Gearty, who interacted with Clash again in 2003 and 2004, recognized Clash’s celebrity when he saw “Elmo dolls, an Emmy award and photographs of Elmo with movie stars.” Herman said his client started writing a book about the experience in 2009.
Herman is also representing Cecil Singleton, the second accuser to step forth, who claims that Clash frequented gay telephone chat rooms to meet underage men.
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here