*Columnist Anthony Asadullah Samad finds himself in a bit of a pickle.
Samad has been named in a sexual harassment lawsuit filed against him and the 100 Black Men of Los Angeles.
A previous claim against him and the 100 Black Men was filed in 2008. In that case, the plaintiff won her case.
On Thursday, a coalition of Los Angeles based “African American leaders” is planning a press conference in Liemert Park to detail the charges.
A notice sent to EUR and other outlets, says the current lawsuit was filed by an “African American woman who was under Samad’s direct supervision.”
Date: Thursday November 29, 2012
Where: Leimert Park 3415 West 43rd Place Los Angeles CA 90043
Time: 11:00 am
What? A coalition of African American leaders is calling on Pluria Marshall Publisher of Wave Publications. And Curley Dossman Chair of the 100 Black Men of Atlanta to suspend 100 Black Men member and Wave editorial writer Anthony Samad or their corporate sponsors will be notified and boycotted.
Why? Journalist Anthony Samad is the defendant in yet another sexual harassment lawsuit that was filed against him and the 100 Black Men of Los Angeles. A previous claim against him and the 100 Black Men was filed in 2008. With that plaintiff being victorious in her claims.
The current sexual harassment lawsuit was filed by an African American woman who was under Samad’s direct supervision. Due to the henious nature of these current allegations, Samad should be suspended from both groups until this matter is decided in court.
Sponsors: NAACP Compton Branch
South L.A. Womens Network
Bilal Islamic Center and a coalition of community groups
Media Contact and lead organizer: Patrice Edwards / 909-659 3660
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Steve Harvey's Decepti-Date Segment is An #EpicFail
- SNL's 'The Day Beyoncé Turned Black' is Beyond Hilarious (WATCH)
- Video Shows Raven-Symone Didn't Get 'Slapped Upside the Chest' (WATCH)
- VIDEO: Who will President Obama Pick to Replace Justice Scalia?
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here